Tokyo Marine Diving Fair April 4-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Must be getting to the time of year where people start thinking about diving. I went to a Scuba show out at Big Sight last weekend. It was a pretty good show, with good representation from the major manufacturers.

I've heard that the one in Ikebukero has a strong focus on dive trips and destinations.

Yeah I went to it (MDF in Ikebukero) last year and wasn't too impressed.... mainly just guys trying to flog packaged dive trips.. if that is what you're looking for its ideal, but I prefer to organise my own.

I went to the Big Site festival as well. Lots of gear stuff and I think I'd actually be more interested in the Ikebukuro fair.

I'm not so keen on packages either, but if anything, it may inspire/sway my next dive destination or give me a good idea of where to do my divemaster!

You can do like sushimassa and do your dm with us (JUE) ;-)

There is the largest underwater photography contest at the site and bargain sale will take place at branch shop of MIC21 and ACROS nearby as well.

The big site show this past weekend was good. plus the manufactures also had some english catalogs which was nice... ran into a few stray halcyon dealers as well ;-)
I went to the ikebukuro one last year and it was pretty cramped. but still fun...

You can do like sushimassa and do your dm with us (JUE) ;-)

I thought about doing it with JUE actually, but the course has already started! It's fairly expensive to do in Japan isn't it? And anyway, I'm attracted by the idea of lots of tropical diving!

I'm sure you could still get in on the JUE course. I'm signed up to do my DM with them and it's not really gotten started yet.

If you're interested, send TJO a PM and he'll be able to give you all the details.

Back
Top Bottom