Tolerance on pressure sensors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LFMarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I realized that my NERD 2 is measuring 10 mbar more than my Perdix and Petrel (they both agree within 1 mbar of each other). 10 mbar is not a lot as it translates in about 10 cm or 4 in of water. Is this within the sensor tolerances or should I send it back for calibration?

Huh?

The Nerd2 claims an accuracy of +/- 50 mbar at the surface.
Perdix AI and Petrel 3 is +/- 20 mbar.

I think you are likely well within the tolerances of the Nerd 2.

I realized that my NERD 2 is measuring 10 mbar more than my Perdix and Petrel (they both agree within 1 mbar of each other). 10 mbar is not a lot as it translates in about 10 cm or 4 in of water. Is this within the sensor tolerances or should I send it back for calibration?
This is obviously an extremely damaged and dangerous piece of equipment! You should send them to me for immediately proper disposal. I will happily pay shipping to ensure your safety.

Mine have never matched. The two different Petrels match. But none of the seven NERDs ever matched the Petrels. I just tweak the calibration O2 so they will both cal the same. In a 2-3 hour dive they will both clear deco withen a minute of each other. Probably most of that is my wrist is lower than my head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom