TommyDSports on Ebay?..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MissBubbles205

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good Morning Everyone,

This morning I was searching ebay for wedding and scuba stuff and happened to come across an ebay store called TommyDSports. They apparently sell various scuba diving accessories and gear. Has anyone purchased from them to know about their quality? According to their buyers they are a top-rated seller and have 99.8 positive feedback. But I was just curious as to what you Scuba Pro's thought...

TOMMYDSPORTS 5MM SIZE LG WETSUIT 92, DIVE GEAR, SURF items in TOMMYDSPORTS1 store on eBay!

remember, feedback is posted shortly after purchase so buyers have little opportunity to experience the reliability of the gear. There have been a few threads on SB complaining about warranties on their merchandise..

took a quick look, and found a regulator for $50. The only detail on the regulator was that it had an "orthopedic mouthpiece" and a 33" hose, although it does come in different colors.

So between that and awap's post, that is probably the last time I go to their store, since my first impression is that they sell junk at a good price.

I can give you a first-hand appraisal of TommyDSports since I occasionally buy stuff from them. Their wetsuits are of good quality. I have one that I bought three years ago and it has held up well. I'm wearing it in my avatar photo.

The $50 regulator they advertise is a second stage only. It is a simple, non-adjustable, unbalanced second stage that uses generic service parts. It isn't the best reg you can buy but it isn't junk, either. I would not hesitate to use one. It is comparable to Divers Supply's similar Sea Elite reg. Probably made by the same manufacturer.

My oldest son has one of their weight integrated BCs and is thoroughly satisfied with it. It is well made and durable. A bit heavy for traveling, though.

I have gloves, boots and other items purchased from TommyDSports and, in my opinion, the quality is quite surprising given the low price.

They do not give refunds but will readily exchange any faulty items.

The only problem I have had was with the BC I bought for my son. First, they sent a women's BC and I sent it back for a men's. In compensation, they added a BC carrying case with the BC. Next, I discovered that the tank band had been cut too short at the factory. It was replaced and the BC functions perfectly now. Considering the quality of the BC and the money I saved, these were minor inconveniences.

I too have bough some gloves and boots from them and are quite happy with them; keep me warm and fit well and seem to be good construction. The only experience I have with them are the gloves and boots...but based on those, I am very happy with them.

I don't know much about them but, we will match or beat anyone's price and we are a registered dealer so you get the full warrenty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom