Tonka97's Five Scenarios for John Chatterton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we've seen the last of the Shadow Troll, though.
Apparently not ...

Stay tuned for continuing challenges, and rebuttals based upon Shadow Divers Exposed by Gary Gentile:
I don't see any challenges ... I see slander and innuendo, based on assumptions that everything in Gentile's book is truth and everything in Kohler's book is falsehood. I see no first-hand evidence that any of your allegations are worthy of serious consideration ... or are even relevent.

You consider yourself a messenger ... I think you've revealed yourself to be the worst kind of cyber-stalker ... one who hides behind the anonymity of an assumed screen name.

You think you're tearing down Mr. Chatterton ... however, I think quite the opposite is happening. Outside of having read the book, I know nothing about Mr. Chatterton ... I've never seen his TV show or anything else associated with him ... but based on his replies here my respect for him has gone way up. He's showing himself to be a man of class ... exactly the sort of positive role model the dive community benefits from.

So in the spirit of this thread I have a challenge, and some questions ...

First the challenge ... show some stones and tell us who you are. If you're going to continue taking slams at Mr. Chatterton, then at least level the playing field and let us all know who's doing it. Right now all you're doing is taking pot shots from the safety of an assumed name, and absolutely no responsibility for your actions. That's pretty unethical.

Now the questions ...

- What do you hope to gain from your actions?
- What is your association with Mr. Gentile?
- Why isn't Mr. Gentile on here pressing his own issues?
- ... or is he?

Your behavior and tactics remind me greatly of Senator Joe McCarthy ... and in recognition of the similarities I will leave you with the immortal words of Joseph Welch ... "Let us not assassinate this lad further. You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency?"

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Stay tuned for continuing challenges, and rebuttals based upon Shadow Divers Exposed by Gary Gentile:

No, I think you've had your fair shot and your challenges have been met. Now it's time for you to let it go. The assertions that have been disproven so far discredit any further assertions you may have. John Chatterton owes you no further response.

And just in time for christmas, a story with a happy ending where the good guys win! Thanks JC for being as tolerant and patient as you have been.

Now let's go eat some turkey and lots of gravy............helps to build up the bioprene for coldwater dives.......

Merry Christmas.

And just in time for christmas, a story with a happy ending where the good guys win! Thanks JC for being as tolerant and patient as you have been.

Now let's go eat some turkey and lots of gravy............helps to build up the bioprene for coldwater dives.......

Merry Christmas.

Bioprene - I love it! :rofl3:

Thanks for the kind response to substantive challenges, as paraphrased from a respected diver, author, and researcher, Gary Gentile, Shadow Divers Exposed.

Thanks for ScubaBoard for permitting this thread to proceed. Important information is being presented here, that transcends "LDS or LeisurePro?" "Snorkel or Not?" "Too fat to Dive?"

How did U869 meet its demise?

Who took credit for locating diver, Mark Ruggiero, on the Texas Tower... who actually located his body?

Who actually went to Germany with Chatterton to meet with Horst Bredow in 1991? Hint: it wasn't Kohler.

Which divers, unmentioned in Shadow Divers, accompanied Chatterton and Kohler on the U869 tag recovery dive?

Why was Chatterton's tag recovery dive converted into an out-of-air and entanglement crisis, when the facts don't jibe with the narrative.

:coffee:

walk away fer krissake! time to find another dead horse to beat!

Does anyone here believe that Tonka actually dives?

Yes ... I think he's somehow associated with a group of divers who believe that they should have gotten more credit than they did in SD.

It's been a while since I read the book, but I recall that there was mention of some "political" rivalry between Seeker and another local boat ... and between Chatterton's group of divers and the group that were regulars on that other boat.

My suspicion is that tonka97 is a member of that other group, out to create mischief by maligning his "rival" ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Maybe tonka knows someone from that other group but he's a novice diver himself, based on his past posts.

Maybe tonka knows someone from that other group but he's a novice diver himself, based on his past posts.

Thats where I would put my money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom