too many options!!! where to go???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glamourpuss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
i'm looking at doing a divemaster internship 2-3 months (july to september) in se. asia. but i can't deside where to go.

looking at vietnam, bali, malaysia and thailand, but there is just so much choice it's almost overwhelming!

where to go and what company to choose! keep in mind it'll be 2-3 month so it's got to be good!

any suggestions???

I would highly recommend a couple of chums of mine in Phuket called John Williams & Bent (yes, seriously!) Posejpal. John is American and Bent is Norwegahooligan.

here are all the contact detials you need:
John Williams & Bent Posejpal
Siam Dive n' Sail, Co. Ltd

Telephoning from Overseas:
Tel: +6676-330-967/ Fax: +6676-330-990; Tel/Fax: +6676-330-608
Mobile Phones: Bent: 661-892-0643; John: 661-892-0474

Telephoning from within Thailand::
076-330-967; Fax: 076-330-990; Tel/ Fax: 076-330-608
Mobile Phones: Bent: 01-892-0643; John: 01-892-0474

Their email Their web site

Tell them that I said you should contact them.

I did my dive master in October on Koh Tao, with Koh Tao Cottage Dive Shop. I was the only DMT, and it was simply AWESOME. The guy who runs the shop is named Robbie, and he is really nice, so are all the staff memebers. Lodging was @ $75 per MONTH !!! can't beat that. The price is great, you will need to contact them for a price, but I did my Advanced, Rescue, and DM for @ $750 total. You can't beat it. Koh Tao is a great place to spend 2-3 months, I should know.

Here is their email

divektc@samart.co.th

This isn't exactly what you've asked for, but I believe it may help. Conduct interviews of your potential instructors to see exactly what they put into their classes. This way you can pick out the class you feel is of highest quality. Belushi had good suggestions in the other thread as to what you should look for, I'd also suggest line handling.

Bali highly recomended! Dive Master course not just learn about sharping your diving konwledge & skill, and much more. During your course, you will need relaxing yourself by deep looking the underwater of Bali and wacthing the culture of the Paradise Island. Schedule cuold be flexible as well you want it.

There some PADI dive center that awarded Gold Palm, 5 star, etc or you can learn privately with PADI Instructor. Just send me e-mail if you need more inforamtion.

8er dive

Scuba Jim once bubbled...
I would highly recommend a couple of chums of mine in Phuket called John Williams & Bent (yes, seriously!) Posejpal. John is American and Bent is Norwegahooligan.

here are all the contact detials you need:
John Williams & Bent Posejpal
Siam Dive n' Sail, Co. Ltd

The problem with these pair is that John does not teach, and Bent only teaches IDCs. they are only agents for the dive centres

But what an IDC. I staffed for Bent on numerous occassions when I lived in Phuket. Without doubt, I would say the best after IE party ever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom