Too much stuff at top of screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edm81363

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi -

I regularly check the Pacific Northwest orca Bait section. There is so much stuff at the top of the screen that I can't see any of the messages unless I scroll down.

It would be great to slim it down a little. I see this on EVERY visit;
Hello edm81363,

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

And the Trips and Local Marketplace... Pacific NW subforum hasn't had a new message in forever - why not just kill it and the nonexistent calendar?

I see this on EVERY visit;
Hello edm81363,

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
That can be remedied very quickly, all you need to do is post. :)

And the Trips and Local Marketplace... Pacific NW subforum hasn't had a new message in forever - why not just kill it and the non-existent calendar?
All regional US forums have a Marketplace forum and a Calendar. We like to keep the structure of the forums consistent.

That can be remedied very quickly, all you need to do is post. :)

All regional US forums have a Marketplace forum and a Calendar. We like to keep the structure of the forums consistent.

It would appear as though he just did!

Here's the "overhead" I'm referring to on this site;

Picture_11.png

And here's how another site handles it;

Picture_7.png

A work-around you can use is this URL:
Code:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&include=81,243&do=getdaily&days=30
It will give you all posts made in the past 30 days in the Pacific North West Orca Bait forum (including the Marketplace.

Another option would be to become a Supporting Member. That will allow you to skip all ads.

You can of course also combine both options.

If I became a Supporting Member, what stuff at the top of the screen would be removed. And I don't mind supporting a site, but I do appreciate the content of the ads.

And that URL is my new link to ScubaBoard!!!!

-Ed

Red_View.jpg

Currently, you can choose whether to see the ads or not.

We will be implementing a system in the future allowing Supporting Members to select what kind of ads (Advertisers, Google/Yahoo, None) they'll be seeing.

Also - once you click on the announcements... you shouldn't see them anymore.

Read it once; then it's gone.

A work-around you can use is this URL:
Code:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew&include=81,243&do=getdaily&days=30
It will give you all posts made in the past 30 days in the Pacific North West Orca Bait forum (including the Marketplace.

How do I know the code to do this for other forums?

-Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom