Tooth dive on Monday the 20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

K Mejean

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey y'all. I am thinking about heading to Alhambra (Venice) to do a little tooth diving on Monday morning. (the 20th) Anyone have any interest in getting out and hunting teeth? I could use some dive buddies. I need some more sharks teeth too.

I am working also. I want to try and get out there soon.

Went to Venice today... The surface conditions were great! Nice, warm, no waves. Surface vis was about 3 ft. Water was 73 deg. Bottom vis was 2.43 inches. Yeah, that's right- nothin. There is about a 2 foot dark black layer of suspended schmootz at the bottom that makes it totally impossible to see your hand, gauges, shark, shark tooth or the mammoth tusk I think I hit my head on. Need to give it a couple of calm days to make any dive worth while. I did two locations- bone yard and then closer to the beach. Same same. I'd head to the rivers... but they are all flooded and it's gator breading season. Sink holes it is!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom