Tortola, BVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjones

Registered
Reaction score
I will be traveling to tortola in June. I have heard good things about UBS as an operator. Has anyone else tried them and besides diving the Rhone what was your favorite dive site.

the chicuzen sp? very cool wreck imo better than the rhone

I've only bareboated there many times...but if UBS will go up to the dogs there are a bunch of great dives there. Great diversity of dive sites literally a minute boat ride between them. Wall to Wall is covered in softs and schools, the chimneys always a fun 2nd dive, as is Bronco Billy.
I second the Chikuzen, and hopefully it'll be nice for you in June cause I know UBS's boat isnt too big for the long trip out, but its worth it!

Check out Dive Tortola. The people running it worked at Dive Provo and were brought down late last year to set up Dive Tortola. Ken, Claire and Marnie are great instructors, know the area very well and will take good care of you. Admittedly I'm a bit biased as I'm an instructor on St. Thomas and they are good friends of mine. But seriously they are good.
http://www.divetortola.com/ -the website is under construction but the operation is up a fully running.

UBS is a fine operator - small boats, personalized service. Depending on where you are staying on island may make a difference as to who you dive with. Prospect Reef has Dive Tortola, which took over the space that Baskin in the Sun had - they are very good as well. If you are staying near East End/Long Look check out Dive BVI at Marina Cay, they can be very flexible with their scheduling.

Other good dive sites are the Chikuzen (75' depth, seas need to be very calm to go out there), Alice's Wonderland (Ginger Island, 70' depth), P.O.S. (70' depth, Cockroach Island) and Wall to Wall (75' depth, West Dog Island). There are no dives deeper than 100' and there are plenty to choose from. I am an instructor on Virgin Gorda and am willing to help with any questions you may have...

I know its been a couple of months since I 1st wrote but I'm heading that way this weekend. If your offer still stands, do you have a operator/s you would recommend for the West end as I will be staying at Long Bay. Also, what good sites are on that side of the island

Thanks for any help
Colin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom