Torus 35 Wing and other backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

digital_steve

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Tobin,
I notice the torus 35 wing has that roll control bit in the middle.
I currently have a zeagle plate and i'm wanting to use a STA to get some weight on my rig, so i was thinking about changing wings. I should've bought a DSS plate with the added weight things! :wink:
Do the torus wings work with a bog standard weighted STA and other backplate?

Hey Tobin,
I notice the torus 35 wing has that roll control bit in the middle.

All DSS wings feature a "wobble Stopper" in the center panel, and have since 2004. "Roll Control" is a name used by another brand that has much more recently recognized the advantage of the STA-less approach.

I currently have a zeagle plate and i'm wanting to use a STA to get some weight on my rig, so i was thinking about changing wings. I should've bought a DSS plate with the added weight things! :wink:
Do the torus wings work with a bog standard weighted STA and other backplate?

In most cases it will work fine. Our custom molded wobble stoppers are elastomeric and will simply compress if you use a weighted STA. In addition the wobble stopper is sewn to the center panel of the wing and can be easily removed if desired.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom