Tours to Chichen-Itza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBRES1

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok ,I'm sure somebody here has a recomendation for a good tour company for me and my family to use for our vacation next week in Cancun.
Looking for a tour company that has ac in the vans, gives a good tour and will also take us to the cenote near Chichen-Itza.
Thanks, Jim Breslin

JBRES1:
Ok ,I'm sure somebody here has a recomendation for a good tour company for me and my family to use for our vacation next week in Cancun.
Looking for a tour company that has ac in the vans, gives a good tour and will also take us to the cenote near Chichen-Itza.
Thanks, Jim Breslin
Here's my trip report to Chichen Itza (check out Wednesday). We used a company called "City Tours". We purchased the tour from a street vendor in Playa Del Carmen. Although I enjoyed the tour overall, I can't say I'd recommend them because they turned what was reported to be a 11 hour trip into 15. They travelled all the way down to Tulum, picking up passengers from various hotels, then went the back way into Chichen Itza. Then on the way home they had to drop everybody off... I was apparently on the last stop.

Find a tour that takes the northern route to Chichen Itza. They'll probably charge a little more because it goes over a toll road but it'll save a lot of driving time. Also, just a warning... the lunch at the Mayan village was great but those of us who ate the salad got a bad case of montezumas revenge and spent 24 hours recuperating.

Jerry

You might want to check with your hotel concierge. We stay at the Royals and they tend to be on the high side, but well equipped and everyone going back to the same place.

You may also want to drop a line to Allen at www.britsincancun.com. He's a buddy of Ben and me, and may have a line on tours as well. Might even have some discounts.

JBRES1:
Thanks, Jim Breslin

We just rented a car and drove ourselves everywhere. Much easier as we didn't have to deal with other's want's and need's. Just depends on how adventurous you are. We thoroughly enjoyed it.

We are staying at the Royal Caribbean, and have been told that Thomas Moore is a little on the high side price wise. We may have up to 17 people going on the day trip, so the costs could add up.
Thanks, Jim breslin

Missdirected:
We just rented a car and drove ourselves everywhere. Much easier as we didn't have to deal with other's want's and need's. Just depends on how adventurous you are. We thoroughly enjoyed it.
we did that too, took the non-toll roads and it took forever, took the toll roads on the way back, very fast, but pricey

We took our tip with GO Native Had a blast and would not miss it for the world. The have A/C for sure and there guides know what there talking about.

bring lots of bottled water

We went on a bus set up by the cruise lines. I think it was Sun tours. Anyway, there came a time where I thought we were being kidnapped. Some guys looking like gorilla fighters with machine guns appeared on the road and stopped the bus. They boarded and spoke with the driver. I could not understand them. It did not look good for a few minutes. They got off and we went on our way. ??????????????

Sorry, I am out of Cancun when you arrive, but the trip, including lunch, transport & the Cenote is $55.00 USD and is a day trip. If you like I can sort it all out for you by e-mail.

If you would like me to help you with this, then please drop me a mail on allen@britsincancun.com I can also arrange to have some of our Discount cards left for you.

Take care and enjoy Cancun.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom