Trailing negative tanks and using a leash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could i as you adv tmx OC divers out there. When you complete a dive requiring three stages do you ever use a full tank of rich mix and trail it or do you always use less deliberately so the tank is more positive. what about you out there using nitrox80?

A full O2 Al40 is not a problem for me, but if using a 7 liter (Al50ish?) I prefer them at around 130-150bar if the gas plan allows. Not a big deal though, the tank just sits a bit more comfortably. I don't generally use Al80 for shallow gas on ocean dives, the local conditions (traffic & weather variability) make really long runtimes unfeasible on most sites. I'd assume an Al80 full of O2 wouldn't be particularly fun in a leash. Btw, this is for brackish, essentially fresh water, so the tanks are a bit more negative overall...

But it's more of an issue of fudging with the leash length. Most problems people seem to have with towed tanks could probably be fixed with playing with hip D-ring placement, leash and clip lengths, and tightening up the stage rigging.

//LN

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom