Training facilities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kpdivers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any input to a good training faciltiy for learning to rebuild/service regulators and valves? I'm looking expand my knowledge and want to do it the right way instead of on the fly.

hey kp, i noticed you are in new jersey, jason fisch of the scuba connection is a pretty knowledgeable and skilled diver and course director among other things. im not sure that they train people there (have a pretty great tech working there) but if they dont, he WILL know where you should look into for training.

he also recently opened an account on scuba board as well ... he also runs a shop online called diveseekers.com if you are not familiar with the Scuba Connection (tscscuba.com)

Try Ed at Divers Cove in Essex CT. I believe he just held a three day class like that.

hey rick ... i heard nothing but positives about that ... do you have more info on what it is all about for our thread host? (i have yet to purchase as well)
Actually, Vance gives the info better than I could on the web site under:
To read excerpts from the book
To review the Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions about the book

I read the Oxygen Hackers Companion a couple times through in a week and went right to O2 cleaning my stuff and applying what it said to my mixing. I've taken the IANTD blenders class and read the DSAT manual, and neither is as complete and applicable as the OHC.

But I've read the reg repair book and I'm a lot further away from getting all that info into me and applying it. Both books are very in depth.

Check out those links to Airspeed press.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom