Transfer to Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeterO

Registered
Reaction score
I know it is not supported off the shelf. Does anybody know if there is any third party software/utility that would allow to transfer dives to a desktop computer?

I see this as a considerable inconvenience as (believe it or not) there are still places out there without internet access, including many liveaboards. Almost impossible to catch up with 20-30 dives after the trip (dive notes that is, I know RAW data is still in the dive computer)

Why use a 3rd party when you can use the one designed for the computer you own (IE - the software written by and made for your computer?)

Maybe you could tell us more about what you want to accomplish and we can help? :idk:

At some point this option may become available. Right now, i think the design is, as jhelmuth mentioned is to utilize the rather nice system they put in place online :) Then it's even easier as you can access your dive log from any computer, anytime, anywhere :)

At some point this option may become available. Right now, i think the design is, as jhelmuth mentioned is to utilize the rather nice system they put in place online :) Then it's even easier as you can access your dive log from any computer, anytime, anywhere :)

Clearly I haven't made myself clear, my apologies. After each dive day I download my dives for that day to a laptop. I do it every day because it is when you best remember features of the site and all other things you want to note about the dive (as opposed to dive profile, SAC etc that stay in the dive computer) I know I am not unique in this :)

In a situation when there is no access to internet for the duration of the trip, there may by 20-30 dives to be downloaded and written up at the end. I know from experience, details of the dive 1 will be quite fuzzy by that time, so the only option here as I can see is to make hand notes every day and later type them in again once I get access to myUemis. Am I correct in this?

currently, yes.

as i said, I believe they are working on something specifically for the situation you have described, I don't know how it's progressing or any real details, i just know we brought it up to the swiss and they understood the need.

Here is another voice for it.

1. Perhaps work with Dive Log to get it available there as they have 100+ other computers.

2. What happens if website for MyUEMIS is down?

3. What happens if UEMIS is bought by another company and site is discontinued? (don't tell me they have no wish to sell, everything is for sell for the right $)

4. I like backup. I have no idea how MyUEMIS is backed up or what and have no control over it.

Laura, just adding to the chorus for a stand alone dive log (on the mac please!)

I happen to live somewhere where the diving is great but internet connection is almost non-existent, (there are some places here in South East Asia still like that). I'm torn between the Uemis and the Shearwater Predator atm, simply because the Predator has a native mac dive planner and log. I'm a long way from trimix/ccr or any sort of tech diving, but even at a rec level I would like to start logging my dives on my computer. Looking at some of these threads on SB and some other forums, I know for a fact that the because the Uemis is online only, has caused some people to look elsewhere. I'd even be happy for Uemis to talk to MacDive (great program btw).

As nice as the Uemis is (and it is very nice), it just seems incomplete without a standalone app.

Last edited:
Count me in as someone wanting a standalone app for the Mac. I'll be diving in Coz and Roatan while on my cruise in late December. Internet access from a cruise ship is awfully expensive. It would be nice to sync with my MBP while on the cruise and then with myUemis when I get home from the cruise.

Ron

If XML schema is made public a 3rd party can work on things instead of UEMIS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom