Transmitter compatibility between DC models

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DarkCoffee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I currently own an Atmos Elite and have been moving the transmitter between two sets of regs. Well, its soon to be three sets of regs. So, I would like to get an additional transmitter or possibly move to an Oceanic VT3.

Is there any formal statement of compatibility between Aeris & Oceanic transmitters and DC's (I've seen a few posts that indicate they are the same) and if so, is there any model restrictions? For example, could you use an older transmitter from a 750G with Elite?

DarkCoffee,

All of the hoseless air-integrated computers that both Oceanic and AERIS sell are manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems, our gauge division, the transmitters will be compatible with either Oceanic or AERIS receiving units. The older transmitter from th 750G will work with the Elite or the Oceanic VT-3. However, there has been significant improvements in the transmitter in the newer generation of computers and I would suggest purchasing a new complete VT-3 with a new transmitter. That new transmitter will also work on the older 750G.

Darryl

Thanks. I'm leaning towards the VT-3, as you suggest, and had hoped that the Tx for my existing DC was compatible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom