Transpac II Buoyancy Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericg98

Reaction score
Ok people, need some advise!

All my dives thus far were in tropical waters (no wetsuit) and with a jacket type bc, buoyancy no problem. Weight belt, nothing but fun and blue water. But now I have bought the Transpac II with the Rec wing. And will be diving some colder waters, hence a wet suit. (7mm)

Would you good people advise me as to the best method of acheiving N buoyancy with this set up. Transpac attached weights? Good old weight belt? How much extra weight with the wet suit. ? I used to be able to get away with 8 lbs. I know this is not rocket science, but would appreciate any help.:doctor:

Thanks,
E

8# without exposure protection.... be prepared to wear 20+ (possibly close to 30#, depending...) with a 7mm, assuming you are diving same alum cylinder.

I personally do not like integrated weight pockets and wear a belt. A friend of mine who also dives TPII prefers the pockets…

When I got my drysuit I had 34# in the weight pockets, what a nightmare. Trim with the integrated weight pockets is hard to adjust with that much weight in them.

I moved 18-20# onto tank and back and now dive with 10-12 ditchable pounds in the weight pockets, much more comfortable.

I use integrated weight pockets (10# in each side) with 6# on a belt.

Since my belt allows the weight to be positioned in any of six or seven different places on my waist, I have plenty of opportunity to place it correctly.

My trim is far from ideal, but it works so far.

Hello
I dive with the Transpac II +Rec wing with attached weights I wear a bear 5/4mm suit was diving with 16# of weight 8# each side last weekend I when down to 12# using a 80 alum tank this is in fresh water.

I put some weights on the tank band weight pockets and some into the integrated weight pockets...

Play around with the numbers and your trim will be great!!!

And it is still very comfortable underwater....and it works for me..

:)

and also with a 7 mil (occasionally). What I found to work here with Al80's (doubles) and salt water is about 22# to 24# total. Dive Rite's 7# trim weight is a handy option. The other tech diver here has it on the tank..it fits the band's spacing, .... that configuration tips me head down though, so I use a couple SSt. quick links to attatch it on the lower 2 small D rings across under the back of the harness. That takes some weight out of the pockets and puts it where I need it for trim. You can play around with where you want to put the weight pockets on the TP2, either way back or up to the front. I did find that you loose that option with stages though, they need to be all the way back (behind where the D ring needs to be) or hooking the stages is extremely awkward.

One of the great features of the TP2 is it's versatility, lot's of configuration choices, just try some basic changes till you get close to what you want and then fine tune from there. The rec wing is overkill for a single Al80, but you'll get used to it in time.

Darlene

Back
Top Bottom