Transplate sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Trying to find out which size transplate to look at. I wear an XL DUI CF200 and its slightly baggy, the L was just slightly short but fit perfectly... I figured suit size would help :)

Also, whats the difference between the Medium and Large? Just the webbing length? Is the plate itself the same size?

Thanks!

Trying to find out which size transplate to look at. I wear an XL DUI CF200 and its slightly baggy, the L was just slightly short but fit perfectly... I figured suit size would help :)

Also, whats the difference between the Medium and Large? Just the webbing length? Is the plate itself the same size?

Thanks!

Hi,

The TransPlate harness fits similarly as the TransPac, so for men we typically suggest using your standard t-shirt size as a starting point. If you wear a size large t-shirt, typically a size large harness will fit you. Things to consider is unique physical characteristics, such as an extra-long torso or a thick chest. These will affect the shoulder length and you may want to "go up" a size in order to accomodate the extra girth of the chest or length of the back.

The TransPlate harness is simply the harness and does not come with a plate. The plate is any standard steel or aluminum backplate, so the sizing always remains the same as to that length. The difference between a medium and large and x-large is the length of the shoulder strap.

I hope this is helpful. Check out some of our sizing videos on the Dive Rite TV Channel on our website. Dive Rite TV channel, diving videos, dive gear videos, training videos: Dive RIte Scuba

Best,
Kathleen

Back
Top Bottom