TrashFest '09 - Oct 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go tubing on this river all the time and I couldn't help notice that it seemed like there was much more litter then last year. I'd like to join a team and help clean it up this year.

We have room on our team if you would like to join us.
Carrie

I must say it sounds like divers are as difficult to herd as cats! :wink:

Seriously, it's really great to see all the activity! Looks like there are 2 solid teams forming! If you want to jump on one of these teams you should PM the captain and/or reply to the thread.

If you want to start your own team, just reply to this thread and let folks know how many members you need. Remember...

• Teams can have up to 8 members, but any number goes! You just need at least 2 people on shore at all times.
  • You don't have to be a diver to participate! The whole family is welcome.
  • You don't have to know everyone on your team to pre-register and be eligible for the special door prize!
  • If you don't get on a team you can always jump on one that has room the day of the event. Individual registration will be just $10 the day of the event.
  • Wright Distributing is providing free beer again this year.... just wanted to see if you were paying attention. :wink:
You can find more information, view the growing list of door prizes, and pre-register on the TrashFest website. :cool2:

Free beer?!?!?!?!?

Sorry, I'm being slow here.

Carrie has her team. She has a few more spots open.

I have a team. I have three and a tentative fourth on mine.

Come on out for the fun.

Our team is coming for the free beer. We just need to know when and where and we'll be the first in line :drunks::drunks:

Our team name is Fluss Rattens. I haven't registered us yet, but it's on my list of things to do.
Currently we have myself, paulw and his wife, deadly_risk, ftwdiver14, and James R and his gf.
We currently have an opening for one more team member.
We're also aiming to have a meet and greet Sept 5th at Stillhouse, but this is still in the planning stages.

Carrie

Okay, to add to the confusion.... :)

I am out! It looks like the trip to Lake Outchita is moved now to the same weekend as Trashfest. As much as I'd like to help out and as much as I like the Comal, I dive it almost every weekend. I don't get to go to Lake Outchita very often.

So please remove my name from the roster and I do apologize for any confusion caused by me. :)

I don't generally do bumps but second page almost on the third... it needed it.

I could still use team members. Also taking suggestions for a name.

Does anyone know where to get onion bags? Everyone has to bring their own trash bags.

The Parks and Rec Dept generously donates a limited supply of onion sacks every year. Also, DAN provided a few biodegradeable trash bags to the cause this year. Just bring a box of regular 'ol trash bags that you can transfer trash to from the onion sacks and you should be good to go! :D

Hi All,

I have a team coming in from DFW, "The Bottom Feeders".... Where is everyone staying? We plan on camping.

Brent

Back
Top Bottom