Travel agent for Asia dive trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karenpadi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
This community has never steered me wrong so thank you for the great advice through the years!

I have an upcoming sabbatical and looking to plan a three-part dive trip in Asia: dive safari/liveaboard in the Philippines (Savedra--I like not sleeping on the boat), luxury resort in Raj Ampat (Papua Explorers, Kri Eco, Waiwo, Raja Ampat Dive Lodge), and returning to (my favorite) resort on Fiji's Rainbow Reef (Dolphin Bay Divers).

I am getting overwhelmed with trying to figure out the timing and transport connections in this part of the world. Isn't this what travel agents do?

Does anyone have a travel agent they recommend for this type of thing?

The best diving in Philippines is Tubattaha which is ONLY accessible by liveaboard from mid Mar to mid June. Late Apr to late May is the preferred time
If you do not like to sleep on the boat then you can forget about liveaboard.

The best diving in Philippines is Tubattaha which is ONLY accessible by liveaboard from mid Mar to mid June. Late Apr to late May is the preferred time
If you do not like to sleep on the boat then you can forget about liveaboard.

Thanks! My sabbatical is in the fall so Tubattaha is a no-go for this trip (it's still on my bucket list!). Savedra has a "dive safari" where passengers travel from resort to resort to sleep at night--kind of like a progressive dive trip.

What a pity! But there is always next time.
For safari trip in Visayas, I would go with Sea Explorers. Look it up.

What a pity! But there is always next time.
For safari trip in Visayas, I would go with Sea Explorers. Look it up.

Thank you! Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary group of 8 divers for Sea Explorers.

I didn't realize they would require min of 8 divers for the trip!
But Savedra's schedule is very limited: Moalboal, Dauin and Sipalay.
I would like to add Malapascua for the thresher shark but it is on the other side of the area. Sogod Bay is also very good but getting there is rather time consuming.
By all means join the safari with Savedra if you want to take the easy option.

You really need an very knowledgeable travel agent to link up Fiji, Philippines(Cebu) and Raja Ampat.

[/QUOTE] But Savedra's schedule is very limited: Moalboal, Dauin and Sipalay [/QUOTE]

Not that limited :0)

Safari Tour 1: Moalboal – Alona Beach – Siquijor – Apo – Sipalay
Day 1: Moalboal – Sunken Island – Excursion Kawasan Waterfalls – Liloan.
3-4 dives. Overnight in Liloan.
Day 2: Liloan – Sumilon Island – Balicasag Island. 3-4 dives. Overnight in Alona Beach, Bohol.
Day 3: Panglao Island, 3-4 dives or 1 dive plus optional land tour to the Chocolate Hills. Overnight in Alona Beach, Bohol.
Day 4: Balicasag Island, Siquijor Island, 3-4 dives. Overnight in Dauin, Negros
Day 5: Apo Island, 3-4 dives. Overnight in Dauin, Negros
Day 6: Dauin, Sipalay 2-3 dives. Check-in in Sipalay, Negros.

Safari Tour 2: Sipalay – Apo – Siquijor – Alona Beach – Moalboal
Day 1: Sipalay – Basay – Dauin, 2-3 dives, Overnight in Dauin, Negros
Day 2: Apo Island, 3-4 dives. Overnight in Dauin, Negros
Day 3: Siquijor Island, Balicasag Island, 3-4 dives. Overnight in Alona Beach.
Day 4: Panglao Island, 3-4 dives or 1 dive plus optional land tour to the Chocolate Hills. Overnight in Alona Beach, Bohol.
Day 5: Balicasag Island – Sumilon Island, 3-4 dives. Overnight in Liloan.
Day 6: Liloan, Moalboal, Excursion Kawasan Waterfalls. Check in Moalboal

We also offer trips to Cagayan dive safaris from March until May, diving is comparable to Tubbataha, but with the bonus of staying in a beachfront bungalow each night. For the less adventurous you can have a look at the two day safari from Santander which visits Apo and Sumilon Island. Drop me a line if you need any info.

I do all my own International air but it does take a bit of work. For Indonesia and Papua New Guinea I use: Liveaboard Adventures - Dive your dreams

You could try Welcome to South Pacific Island Travel, your dive travel experts. (Donna) I have never used them but they were recommended for your kind of trip.

Thank you! Just what I've been looking for!

Lee, I am really impressed with the dive safari itinerary at Savedra--fitting in all the destinations would be a challenge and it looks like a lot of effort was put into assembling the route. I will add Cagayan to my bucket list right next to Tubbataha! That sounds like a trip I would enjoy!

Thank you! Just what I've been looking for!

Lee, I am really impressed with the dive safari itinerary at Savedra--fitting in all the destinations would be a challenge and it looks like a lot of effort was put into assembling the route. I will add Cagayan to my bucket list right next to Tubbataha! That sounds like a trip I would enjoy!

No problem, if you feel like a real treat you can take the VIP flight from Sipalay to Cagayan and arrive in real style :0)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom