Travel and Training in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just booked my Advanced OW with Dan's Dive Shop in St Catharines. I will be doing it while down in Cozumel this January. I'll be doing the Nitrox as well. I've been to Cozumel already and stayed at the Allegro, this time around we are staying at the Iberostar 1 resort down.

I have heard there is a shark season around January is that true? Can't remember if it is Bull or Whale sharks, has anybody done it here? Would be really cool to dive with them.

Also I hope that the stuff I learn in the advanced will help me this summer, just got accepted to the CAF as a Port inspection diver, so I will be going away this Summer for basic training and a Ships Team Diver course right after for 6 weeks.

I'm going to PDC in January and Cozumel in May. My research tells me that it'll be bull shark season in January, Whale shark season is still a ways off at that point but should be "just" starting in May iirc.

I have heard there is a shark season around January is that true? Can't remember if it is Bull or Whale sharks, has anybody done it here? Would be really cool to dive with them.

Just keep logging BT, you'll see everything in time.

Also I hope that the stuff I learn in the advanced will help me this summer, just got accepted to the CAF as a Port inspection diver, so I will be going away this Summer for basic training and a Ships Team Diver course right after for 6 weeks.

All training can be beneficial. If you're talking about AOW preparing you for crawling under a huge ship hull floating 6' above harbor mud, well, like I said, AOW is bottom time, so there's that. You might want to ditch the schnorkel, though.

Congrats on joining the CAF!!! best decision i made all my life.

basic training is something else. brings back memories! enjoy it! and don't go to dive school thinking you know how to dive. the RCN will teach you how they dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom