Travel BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAIBdiver1

Contributor
Reaction score
I am currently using a DUI - Delta BCD and really like it, but it's quite heavy and with the new 50 pound international air travel restrictions, I'm going to buy a lighter bcd for Caribbean travel.

I'd like your views and recomendations - makes no diff - jacked or back mount - weight intergrated or not. Which are good light travel/caribbean BCD's ?
Thanks

NAIB Diver1

Aluminium backplate with an STA integrated singles wing would be my preference for lightest.

a bp/wing. packs small and comes apart so you can fit the seperate items better in your luggage.

Personally, I own a Genesis Tropic for travel. I like it.

Here is a link to a SCUBA Diving Magazine travel BC review you can browse.

Good luck. Let us know what you end up getting and how it works out.

I have been using a Zeagle Stiletto as my travel BC. It packs up compactly for a 1000 denier BC. This is important since I always take my BC reg and computer in my carry on.

I'd agree with the recommendation above - it is hard to beat an aluminum or abs backplate and small singles wing for packability - Oxycheq makes a "travel" backplate http://www.oxycheq.com/backplates.htmlthat will take up even less space than a regular one. You can pack that, a harness and a small singles wing (packed flat or rolled up) in almost no space and depending on how much hardware you want on your harness, you could easily stay under 5 lbs.

Jackie

I'm using a Zeagle Scout for travel - and as my main BC (until I get my BP/W)

It's very light, has integrated weight pockets, easy to put on and take off, has a few D-rings, and it's nice and simple.

Z...

I have a Triple-L (now ScubaL) Aquarius. It's a jacket. It's basic literally just the bladder, straps for the tank, waist and shoulder buckles and D-rings to adjust buckles.

Cressi-sub Aquapro 5, light, easy to pack, i've travelled extensively with it.

Love it :D :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom