Travel Night - June 27 - Featuring the Galapagos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

girldiverllc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
We've just returned from an amazing trip to the Galapagos, and we'd love to share our experiences with you. Lessons learned and tips and tricks.

For most divers, the Galapagos is on their "life list". And with good reason. The marine and land life...it was like a make-believe experience...nothing is scared of you and there are animals EVERYWHERE! Even the colors didn't seem real...too perfect, like a movie set. Hammerheads, Sea Turtles, Marine Iguanas, Penguins...it was unbelievable!!

We'll show pictures and video (edited...don't worry here...) and talk about options for seeing the Galapagos. We went on a land/sea expedition, however you can also go to the Galapagos on a liveaboard. We'll explore both options during travel night to help get your adventure started.

Prior to...and after...the presentation, we'll have refreshments for divers to encourage chatting with each other. (Hopefully about the next travel they are planning or the amazing trip they just returned from)

PLEASE!!!! RSVP so we'll have an idea of seating requirements for the night. cindy@girldiver.com

Come and join us for an exciting evening of scuba travel dreams. June 27 @ 7pm...eat dinner first...these are just light nibbles!!

NOTE: This is NOT a sales event, so if you are the organizer of a trip and you're looking to fill spots....this is not the venue for that. This is for divers to learn more about dive travel.

Cindy....My long time wish is to go to Galapapgos....but I am feling a bit timid after reading about rapid descents, low vis, cold water. I am AOW and an avid diver with only 200 dives and cautious because at age 62 I want to dive till I am 90. I wish I could attend your gathering. Is there any way for me to pick your brain??

Grindler,

Sorry for the delayed response...just saw this.

Yes...feel free to come in. The trip we do doesn't have rapid descents, low viz or cold water. Those are the liveaboard options up north. We do a VERY diver friendly trip which would be amazing.

Also, the liveaboards CAN'T do shore excursions. It's forbidden by the government. So...this is the only way to see ALL of the Galapagos.

Our store number is 253.833.8682. Give us a call and we can set a time for you to come in and get all of your questions answered...as well as see some awesome footage!!

Thanks,

Cindy

Cindy....My long time wish is to go to Galapapgos....but I am feling a bit timid after reading about rapid descents, low vis, cold water. I am AOW and an avid diver with only 200 dives and cautious because at age 62 I want to dive till I am 90. I wish I could attend your gathering. Is there any way for me to pick your brain??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom