Travel time by road in the keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Food in KW is better and more diverse.Diving Marquesas to Tortugas is usually EPIC.

There are like 3 shifts in KW for people watching.

1.Morning to 5pm Families,tourists from cruise ships,blown out divers and fishermen.Mostly G rated

2.5pm to 9pm Cruisers mostly gone,homeless/street entertainers setting up for(must see) sunset crowd,divers and fishermen and possibly bikers starting Duval crawls. Mostly PG

3. 9pm to wee hours Peak of "entertainment" Anything is possible,esp on weekends and holidays NSFW mostly

Thanks Seadweller. We'll check them out.
You can't go wrong by using a number of different operations in the Keys, as you get a wider variety of the reefs to see then.

Thanks everyone for all the info.

How about bicycle riding for seeing sights on land? Any reason to, or not to, pack out bikes?

2.5pm to 9pm Cruisers mostly gone,homeless/street entertainers setting up for(must see) sunset crowd,divers and fishermen and possibly bikers starting Duval crawls. Mostly PG

My wife and I used to work as street entertainers (in addition to our day jobs) and know a lot of people in the scene. Fire performers, comedians, jugglers, musicians, dance troupes, danger acts, stage magic, burlesque, short-form interactive improv, street theater, etc. Good friends, fun people. I like to watch them working a crowd.

I was really looking forward to the sunset show at Mallory Square and tried very hard to like it but just couldn't. Maybe I'm spoiled.

[/QUOTE]

How about bicycle riding for seeing sights on land? Any reason to, or not to, pack out bikes?

Key West is thick with bicycles, and there are places that rent them. I wouldn't take one on US1, but there is a trail system that runs parallel to it in places.

Thanks everyone for all the info.

Yes.

Florida drivers.

Key Largo does have bike paths along Overseas highway . I am not
sure about further south . Safe diving and if you bring the bikes , safe
biking !
Sea Dwellers

The Keys are an awesome, fun place to visit. And the diving can be spectacular, especially the big wrecks.
Dives on the Spiegel Grove and USS Vandenburg are NOT to be missed. As for traveling along the roads, don't consider them major highways, i.e. 60mph, and it'll be fine. Just leave plenty of time for getting to the next place, sometimes there are delays. Have fun.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom