Traveling to Cape Town, Thinking about diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is the issue of 'chumming' by the cage diving and other operators which is causing concern - apparently changing the sharks behaivour, but I dont know if all of them are doing it.

There is an episode of the BBC Planet Earth filmed in False Bay which has the great whites catching seal pups - and its done with a high speed camera, so check that out - cant get a better view than that! and its out in HD formats as well.

Hi all,

I'm a beginer to scuba (got certified last summer) and definitely new at this site. Wanted to ask you guys a question. I'm in Cape Town for work and was thinking whether should I try to dive here. Not sure if it's the best time (only experience I have is from diving in Carribians in summer). Somehow don't think I'd like to do that cage diving... would anyone recommend a dive operator / site to try? or is it not the best idea jumping into a cold water without too much experience (I've done 11 dives counting certification as well).

any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
zura

This is a good time to dive False Bay !!! The water is cleaner, the fish life is good too. There are plenty of sites that will suit your level of experience.

Contact Mike at Pisces Divers - mike@piscesdivers.co.za.
www.piscesdivers.co.za

Or pop into the shop / give them a call - they are in Glencairn - Ph 021 782 7205
They have DM's that will take you for a dive as well, or you can go on a boat (RIB) dive.

Tell them you were referred by me from this site.

Hi Andy,

I'm leaving on Wednesday and it looks like I'll have to plan another diving trip to CT :$, I wrote to Mike as you suggested but so far there's no answer ...

Back
Top Bottom