Traveling to Provo (T&C) April 4th-10th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sladerer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for recommendations for a place to stay in Provo. I've been reading through all of the questions and suggestions made in other posts, but there doesn't
seem to be a lot written on hotels, condos, etc.

Not looking to stay in a real high-end luxury place. For hotels, would like a pool,
bar. Also would consider 2BR/2BA condos. Would like to stay on/close to the beach,
close to shops/restaurants/stores, and not have to rent a car.

Thanks.

I'm looking for recommendations for a place to stay in Provo. I've been reading through all of the questions and suggestions made in other posts, but there doesn't
seem to be a lot written on hotels, condos, etc.

Not looking to stay in a real high-end luxury place. For hotels, would like a pool,
bar. Also would consider 2BR/2BA condos. Would like to stay on/close to the beach,
close to shops/restaurants/stores, and not have to rent a car.

Thanks.

I was there in '05 and stayed at the Sands was very nice not crowded and a beautiful beach.

Did you look into villas at all? I just booked one on Provo for march using this site: prestigiousproperties.com
It was a great deal and there is a live chat on their website, so I just checked available dates and places with an agent. Sorry there's no hyperlink, but it won't let me since this is my third post.

i stayed at the royal west indies resort last april. the rooms had a kitchenette, uncrowded beach, and the restaurant was both reasonable and delicious. they had bikes available for guests to use and were walking distance to dive provo.

They do have both a pool and bar, is on the beach, with several shops within walking distance.

i would definitely stay there again

Thanks everyone. We looked at both condos (using VRBO and HomeAway) and hotels. We
wound up getting what I think is a great deal on a 2BR condo at Coral Gardens. It's right on the
beach, has the restaurant/bar "Somewhere" which is supposed to be a lot of fun, and sits in front
of what's supposed to be the best snorkeling on the main part of Grace Bay.

We'll most likely dive with CA as they are on site plus I like the idea of leaving from the South Harbor and hitting
West Caicos, French Cay and the south wall. Hoping Fifi and crew live up to the high praise I've seen for them.

I'll post a brief review once we're back.

We'll most likely dive with CA as they are on site plus I like the idea of leaving from the South Harbor and hitting
West Caicos, French Cay and the south wall. Hoping Fifi and crew live up to the high praise I've seen for them.

We just got back from TCI last week. Diving with Fifi and crew from Caicos Adventures was UH-MAZING! Fifi is a character and a half and we couldn't have been more pleased with the experience (it doesn't hurt that the waters are amazing too I guess...) You are in for a real treat!

We just got back from TCI last week. Diving with Fifi and crew from Caicos Adventures was UH-MAZING! Fifi is a character and a half and we couldn't have been more pleased with the experience (it doesn't hurt that the waters are amazing too I guess...) You are in for a real treat!

Hey there! My husband Dan and I were on the boat with you last week. (We were the two from Buffalo).

Fifi IS a character and a half and his crew is always wonderful. We had such a great time and hope you're not having too much time adjusting to being back in still-chilly NY--at least it's warming up a bit here!

cheers,
Camille

I'm so glad to hear this...We are diving with Caicos Adventures too in July. I'm very excited. We're staying with Ocean Club West in a regular studio. I'll comment after the trip but can't right now!

Sladerer, what happened on your trip? Or is it posted in another thread?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom