Traveling to Puerto Vallarta? Want to Help the Children?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

La Ovejita Negra

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Knowing how awesome the dive community is when it comes to helping people out, I wanted to pass on these opportunities to help the children of Puerto Vallarta.

I've started a blog about my experiences teaching English at the School of Champions, here in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. The school is actually an after-school program for some of the poorest children in the city. The children face many challenges to getting an education. Many of them will never make it past 6th grade due to parental pressure to work and earn for the family (as young as 5-6 years old). The program teaches them computers, English and math - all skills they will need to get jobs in the tourist industry and bring themselves and their families out of poverty. The program is free for the children and meals are provided to ensure they are getting properly fed at least once per day. People can learn more about the program on the website for the umbrella project, The Children of the Dump (Children of the Dump.org). More than 250 children participate right now and in the future when the new building is built, we will have room for 400+!

Anyway, the hook is that I'm donating ALL my AdSense revenue from this website to the school for much needed school supplies. All you need to do to help is visit the site, click on the Google ads and then every time we reach $100/USD, I'll head to the Puerto Vallarta Office Depot and buy school supplies for the kids. Don't worry, I'll be posting my receipts so everyone can see what their donations helped buy!

Additionally, you can gather and donate school supplies from your city or town - crayons, drawing paper, graph paper, pencils, teaching supplies, flash cards and more are all needed! Other donations are needed for summer camp programs like children's snorkeling gear, bathing suits, sports equipment, boy's and girl's underwear, clothing, and art supplies.

DIVE! Book a trip through me with PV Scuba (Puerto Vallarta Scuba Diving and Specialty Diving School: PVSCUBA) and I'll donate my commission to the school!

Finally, you can schedule a tour of the school, the day care programs and the dump to see how these children live and how their parents work. Cash donations are always appreciated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom