Traveling with camera gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's CBP form 4457. Post #7 has the link.

I don't carry the Pelican case for plane crashes (that's absurd). I carry it for protection on the ground. It is never checked baggage. I will bear the weight when hand carrying and I will judge what I want to carry as anyone will do. I mentioned that I have not had security or customs issues except once with US Customs with a Pelican case to answser the OP question. The Customs agent wanted to know if 1. I was a professional (seemed to be either a revenu generating question or a lead in to the next question) and 2. If I had purchased the camera equipment abroad and asked if I had registration or receipts. I registered it after the trip in case I was ever asked again. It's easy. There is a regional airport nearby Denver metro that has a CBP office so I don't have to go to DIA.
So this (the US Customs challenge) has happend in the past 30+ years and is still a US Customs issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom