Travelling to Southern Florida need dive help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterborne

Contributor
Reaction score
Just as the title states, I will be travelling to Southern Florida for work next month and I really need some dive help. I have been a Michigan diver for many years and have not done much travel. I will be down in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton and Ft Lauderdale from 11/26 - 12/04 and 12/10 - 12/17. Nice huh? I have a few questions, to start with, what can I expect temperature and weather-wise for the time I will be there? What are some good charter operations in the areas? What are the good dive shops in the three areas so I can rent what gear I need to shore dive? And, you guessed it, what are the can't miss shore dives to do once I am there? Lastly, if anyone wouldn't mind showing a non-local around some good diving and night life in the area, I would be grateful.

Drop a note when it gets closer and I'll be happy to hook up with you.

If those dates are on the weekend, I may be able to join ya for a dive or two. Beach diving is best in Ft. Lauderdale area and south through Hollywood.
Contact Coastal Marine for rentals. Tell them Jenny sent ya. 954-923-2388. They can also help ya out with beach diving, as far as places to go.
We had 82° water temps this weekend. A 3mm should be fine for you, unless you get cold easily.

Man you will have a blast! The conchs are a blast,Night life is what SE Florida is about,
LBS is the best shore dive but man spend the bucks and get a drift boat dive in!

Lake Michigan is a blast did a wreck dive = On Lake Michigan this past Friday temps were a balmy 42F and vis was about a 100' on a local wreck> a bit better I bet than the Gulf Stream in Florida HA!! HA!,

Florida in Dec you can get water temps like 72 deg the locals will wear a dry suit or 6mm you can easy get by with a 3mm
do a charter
do a shore dive if you can get a conch away from the heater!
PARTY!

I am down to Boynton Beach in 3 DAYS!!! DIVING TILL I DECO!

I did a shore dive last weekend from Hillsboro and the water was at 79 and that's only about 30 feet.

A good place to start would be Force E. They have a bunch of locations and links to different ships.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom