Travling to AUS in two weeks, looking for couches on my week trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwistedGray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, I am heading over to Australia for the first time. I will be in Sydney from the 3rd through the 6th (maybe 7th) of November giving a presentation at UDT.

After the conference I scheduled some exploring time. The plan is to rent a motorcycle from the 7th through the 16th (My flight is on the 16th).

To offset the $100+ a day for the rental, I am looking for couches along the way. So far it looks as through I'll be heading West to the Blue Mountains then north (not on the coast) to Brisbane and then back to Syndey via the coast.

I've found a place to stay near the Blue Mountains, in Brisbane, and just South of Sydney if I so choose. So now I have to connect the dots...

In return, I offer up my place for stay which is about 10 miles north of Monterey, California. Plus I have no problem taking whomever out for a beer/food.

Tommy

Given the trip you're doing, I'd recommend the guys at South West Rocks dive centre. It's on the coast almost exactly half way from Sydney to Brisbane. It's a Grey Nurse shark natural habitat and has Australia's longest ocean cave. It's a MUST-DIVE site on Australia's east coast, and if you're diving with them, you can stay at their dive lodge above the shop for about $30 a night including breakfast.

Hope that helps :D

check out Pro Dive Nelson Bay. they have a dive house that although fits about 60 people in a small suburban house, at that time of year you might be only a few divers staying there and its very cheap to stay there and they run boat dives out to Looking Glass, Broughton Island and they have a fantastic shore dive (tide depedant)

if you do stay at the dive house, get a room at the back of the house as the RSL is opposite and it can get a bit loud at 2am

cheers

I'm a couple of hours south of Sydney, so not much help. However Sydney to South West Rocks is easy days ride. I second fish rock cave as a must do dive on the way to Brisbane.

Might be worth your while to post this request on diveoz.com.au

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom