Tray arm and strobe setup for XZ-1 + PT-050 + PTWC-01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The arms are not floating, they are rather neutral (they are made from carbon fibers and aluminium), but the lens (Inon UWL-H100 and Inon Dome unit) are really negative. Together with strobes it gives around -1 kg or little bit more.

I have the same WAL but didn't get the dome (Yet). I'm pretty happy with the lens though. I'm more into macro at the moment. Going to get a new Macro lens +10.

I developed my system with to put some additional bouyancy.
I did not check it UW but I have hope that it will survive.

PB193634.jpg
PB193635.jpg

Looks like a nice DIY project. Are you sure that cork does not compress?

Looks like a nice DIY project. Are you sure that cork does not compress?

I am almost sure, but off course I have to check.
But maybe You have heard the story about one of the most expensive champaign, which was found on the bottom of baltic sea. It survive many, many years because bottles were corked :) :)
Cork should be ok for that because is light, natural and waterproof, and do not compress to much. But it is not too strong so waterproof silver tape can prevent it from mechanical damage.

Hi!
Sorry for my english.
I have the same housing and two strobes. But i can't understand- How can I plug 2 fiber otic cables into one port on the housing's flash. Can you post big photos of your solution.

Hi!
Sorry for my english.
I have the same housing and two strobes. But i can't understand- How can I plug 2 fiber otic cables into one port on the housing's flash. Can you post big photos of your solution.
You can purchase a rubber plug from Reef Photo that has to holes in it. You insert the plug in the housing and then the ends of your fiber optic cables into the two holes.

Am looking at getting the xz-1 to use for the time being (my g-10 housing flooded) as I do plan on getting a micro 4/3 next year... figure this will hold me over until I have more time to really make a good decision about the mirrorless system I want.

What I really would like to know... from all of you that use this camera, is how many dives do you get on a battery? I will be setting the flash on the lowest setting, just enough to trigger my s2000 and w ill be shooting raw+jpg.

What I really would like to know... from all of you that use this camera, is how many dives do you get on a battery? I will be setting the flash on the lowest setting, just enough to trigger my s2000 and w ill be shooting raw+jpg.

With settings like yous I typically did 2 long (1h) or 3 shorter (30-45m) dives on a single battery.

The same as glina. I use one battery for two dives. Last time i changed battery during break, between diving and then i flooded my camera. Fortunately camera is working after drying with alcohol.
Only in the case when You want to make a movie, then You should consider to change battery for each dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom