tray/arm query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

warren_l:
That flex arm system sounds intriguing, especially for the price. So how does it mount to your strobe unit? I'm assuming you still need some sort of arm adaptor for that. Plus of course the fibre optic cable if I'm going to go with the Inon D180.

When I bought the Infinity arm from L&M and when I bought the Fisheye tray from Yuzo, I was asked which strobe I was using. Each arm came with the appropriate thingy on the end (technical term) that fit my S&S strobe. If you are going with the Fisheye tray and use a D-180 strobe, you'll get the end thingy you need so I would order the extra length sections you need from the source Gilligan gave. The only thing I'm not sure of is how tight they are. My Infinity's are still really tight after almost 6 years. Either way it's a good price.

Right now I have the WAL attached to the bottom of the housing, and I'm not really thrilled with that, so thanks for your input. I do like Gilligan's setup, so may go that route. I'm waiting for my S&S strobe to arrive, and then I'll see what I'm dealing with as far as arm length, etc., and see if I'll be spending more $$ soon for the Fisheye or Infinity arms. (But then, what's money for if not to spend on camera gear; right??)

SDunbar:
(But then, what's money for if not to spend on camera gear; right??)

I like the way you think!!! :D

Dee:
SD...here's a photo of my PT-15 and Fisheye tray with infinity arm. I've added some length to my arm. Gilligans photo show the length that comes with the tray.

aak.jpg
Hi Dee,
I'm new to u/w shooting.Do mostly land shooting.I just got a C5060 and PT 20 housing.I like your set up.Does the PT 20 fit the Fisheye tray?And what is the length of your Infinity light arm?Where can i find the infinity light arm?Will the arm fit the D-180 strobe,that I plan to use?Appreciate your help.Fredi.

Fredi:
Hi Dee,
I'm new to u/w shooting.Do mostly land shooting.I just got a C5060 and PT 20 housing.I like your set up.Does the PT 20 fit the Fisheye tray?And what is the length of your Infinity light arm?Where can i find the infinity light arm?Will the arm fit the D-180 strobe,that I plan to use?Appreciate your help.Fredi.

I don't see why the PT-20 wouldn't fit the Fisheye tray. I got mine from Yuzo at UWDigital Camera, and I've alsi heard that Sea Shooter had it.

I got my original Infinity arms from Light & Motion. I use 16-18" on my Fisheye. The Infinity piece fits perfectly on the Loc-Line arm sections that come on the tray. When you order the tray, you should be asked what strobe you have so the correct fitting can be used.

Back
Top Bottom