Treasure Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The Atlantic is flatting down, and our boat is being put in the water Saturday. We'll be blowing holes in the ocean floor over the July 4th weekend. Another season of treasure hunting is upon us. Just a few weeks ago a small box was recovered with a long gold chain, and emerald gold cross from our Sebastian cabin wreak (1715). The question is, anyone else in Florida treasure hunting this year? We can use a few seasoned people who have metal detectors or just a real interest in this type of zero vis diving/ I'm not the captain but I can recommend. It's hard work, long hours, not much pay back (usually) but very interesting to hold something in your hands last touched in 1715. Oh, yes, we do have sharks, rays, baracuda, eels, and other surprises visit us occasionally.:wacko:

Are you still looking for divers. I have 2 U/W detectors, fisher aquanaut and an impulse. I'd be interested in working a 1715 wreck.

Dennis

Back
Top Bottom