Trident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a magnehelic and used it a couple times just to put some numbers with my sink test and feels right standards. It has not been out of the tool box in over a year now. I adjust my 2nds to withing 30 degrees of leaking. I then take a few breaths to see that it feel good and put it in the sink to estimate cracking pressure. With my adjustable 2nds I sometimes get a bit more agressive and leave them at the leaking end of the 30 degree bracket where less than one turn of the adjustment knob stops the leak. I seem to ba able to get less than 1 inch cracking pressure on all my Barrel poppet and coaxial 2nds. The few classic downstream design 2nds I still use tend to end up a little over 1" cracking pressure.

I don't bother with measuring the cracking effort. I just get it as low as I am confident that the reg will be stable in the water...

Interestingly, there seems to be a pattern: out of the dozen or so G250/156/109 I have, and using the 1 hour past sealing method:

2 rogue ones: 20mm/.8 in.
All the rest: 22mm/.9 in.

Pretty cool machining!

Back
Top Bottom