ISO diving charter for Bleached Reefs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone, so I am an open water certified university student making a film on coral bleaching on the Great Barrier Reef this spring.
I can't find anyone who is willing to take me to one, all the tourist groups are super against showing people bleached reefs because its and publicity for their industry. does anyone know a charter business or group that would be willing to take me? I have a decent. budget and am willing to pay $$$.
I really have no idea who to ask or where to look maybe you guys could help me out.
Many thanks

Hi DuncanGlave,

I have two comments.

Firstly, I did an online search for "Coral Bleaching' and "Great Barrier Reef", and found a page re the Tourism Reef Protection Initiative. This could be of use to you. If not, you could ask the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority for suggestions on how to proceed with your project.

Secondly, You use the word 'spring' in your post - are you referring to the Northern Hemisphere season or to the Southern Hemisphere?

I was told by someone recently that a lot of the bleached out coral along the Great Barrier Reef is coming back. I have nothing to back up the claim and it is strictly anecdotal.

I also read that the bleached coral at the Great Barrier reef was or has made a comeback.

My GP went diving in Fiji recently and told me he was dissapointed with his dives because of all the bleached coral there. Don't know where in Fiji he went diving but could ask him if you really consider Fiji as an option.

I also read that the bleached coral at the Great Barrier reef was or has made a comeback.

My GP went diving in Fiji recently and told me he was dissapointed with his dives because of all the bleached coral there. Don't know where in Fiji he went diving but could ask him if you really consider Fiji as an option.
Fiji used to be the coral benchmark for the world's most outstanding coral. It's been a long time since we have been there, but the last time, it was simply the best we have ever seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom