tried my new 8080 + ikelite housing/ds-50 strobe....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deputydan1

Contributor
Reaction score
All in all, a really neat set up.....a little bulkier than my previous P&S camera, but the camera takes way better pics...and whoa...what a difference a strobe makes...

only complaint......sometimes the controls are a bit tricky to use......turning the dials, pressing the small buttons.....but all in all, a really fun setup! here's some pics from Coz, gang...

ps> thanks to all you guys who helped me with all my setup questions....ie, calypsonick, ikelike, coop, etc......you guys are great....

-dan

OMG, those are awesome!! You mean if I buy one, I'll take photos like that too? :wink:
Seriously though, I'm trying to find a camera and that one is on the short list. Is it really hard to learn how to use? Did you use an external strobe?

thanks, guys!
and yeah, it's not THAT complicated.....it just takes some getting use to...read the manual, practice on land, etc...

and yes, used the ds50 strobe....not too shabby for a small strobe like the ds50.

-dan

deputydan1:
thanks, guys!
and yeah, it's not THAT complicated.....it just takes some getting use to...read the manual, practice on land, etc...

and yes, used the ds50 strobe....not too shabby for a small strobe like the ds50.

-dan
OK, I'm writing the strobe down too. :wink: Great photos. I hope I can be as good.

i'm sure you'll be better!

it's great fun...

-dan

deputydan1:
i'm sure you'll be better!

it's great fun...

-dan

Just got the 8080 with Ikelite Housing and the 125 strobe. Can you share with me your 8080 setup for these shots? Or were you on auto and TTL to the strobe?

well,
i tried to P mode + TTL.....was not impressed.....

i found that by using Manual mode, the pics were way sharper and had better color...

i have the 8080, ikelite housing, ds-50 strobe...

shot mainly f5.6-7.1...
speeds of 200-400.

hope you enjoy your camera! the stobe really made a big diff for me....it's just a matter or practicing...and strobe positioning was really key for me...

have fun!

-dan

Thanks for the link, great info.

I really like this part: "Set ISO to lowest setting, Auto ISO is not recommended."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom