Tried to upgrade to Dive Organizer 2.9.. Won't complete install.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naboodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone else having this problem. Now version 2.8 won't come up. Just keeps trying to load 2.9. Says it downloaded size of file but will not complete. Help. Also the install comes up in Italian. Luckily I know "accept" in Italian. Well maybe not.

Still no joy... Downloaded a new copy from the website thinking if someone else got it to work then maybe they replaced the file I downloaded. Still sticks at 99% complete but show 24.8mb download 24.8mb received. It then times out with an error message - Application Download Failure, check connection to web or contact systems admin. Nothing wrong with my network as other files and pages download fine. If I launched 2.8 it tried to load 2.9 again with same result; so now I am hosed. I tried removing the prior version 2.8 and installing 2.9. Same thing. Now I have lost the application completely. I tried to install back to prior versions, nope that either hangs or launches the 2.9 install. This software has always been buggy but this ticks me off good. I have now lost all of my Caribbean dives from October. Stupid me, I did not back up database before trying the install this mess because I thought Mares had finally gotten their act together on this software by replace the old group with a new IT company. Well I guess I need to wait on the next version and try it again and get back to the last DB backup if possible. NOT HAPPY :(

Here is the error listing: For whatever reason the Library.dll download appears to fail. Could not access it by clicking on hyperlink either.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://diveorganizer.softwaremares.com/DiveOrganizer.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading http://diveorganizer.softwaremares.com/DiveOrganizer_2_9_4_1/Library.dll did not succeed.
+ The operation has timed out.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [12/21/2011 4:04:50 PM] : Activation of http://diveorganizer.softwaremares.com/DiveOrganizer.application has started.
* [12/21/2011 4:04:50 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [12/21/2011 4:04:50 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [12/21/2011 4:04:51 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [12/21/2011 4:04:54 PM] : Found compatible runtime version 2.0.50727.
* [12/21/2011 4:04:54 PM] : Detecting dependent assembly Sentinel.v3.5Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=msil using Sentinel.v3.5Client, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=msil.
* [12/21/2011 4:04:54 PM] : Detecting dependent assembly System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil using System.Data.Entity, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=msil.
* [12/21/2011 4:04:54 PM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [12/21/2011 4:11:50 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading http://diveorganizer.softwaremares.com/DiveOrganizer_2_9_4_1/Library.dll did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- The operation has timed out.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Last edited:
Ok... Finally got it to install. Took down all web browsers including the update site. Tried install. Worked. I don't know if one of the other instances of the web browser had the dll library locked or what. The good news is that I did not have any loss of data. Dive list complete.

Hatul answer to your question is that the imperial unit issues still continue in this version.

1. on the Dive tab. The Depth still shows meters and the temperature still shows centigrade (even thought the dive computer is set and shows Feet and Fahrenheit)
2. on the Gas tab. The Operating Tank Pressure shows the correct amount (3000) the unit shows BAR not PSI, The Tank Reserve show a number around 11K and the Mid tank show 12K psi.. Obviously wrong since the tank reserve should be around 500 psi and the mid tank around 1500 psi.

I see no obvious improvements except a button on the ICE Menu that let's you sync your dive computer date and time to the computer which actually is a nice feature.

Maybe try clearing your Internet Explorer cache and downloaded program files and try again to download? Just thinking out loud, doubt if it will help, but worth a try.

Maybe try clearing your Internet Explorer cache and downloaded program files and try again to download? Just thinking out loud, doubt if it will help, but worth a try.

TechDeep... Thanks for trying to help. I finally got it to download and install. I appreciate the input as I would not have thought of clearing the download program files. I did clear the IE cache but that did not seem to help. Shutting down all the browsers active seemed to do the trick but then again it could have been just the last try.

Naboo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom