Triggering One YS-250 and one YS-27DX question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deutzmann

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone.
I've had bad experiences with slaves before (not "seenig" the main flash and hence not fireing accordingly)
I am very interested on the new YS-250 and see it has 3 fiber optic cable connectors. Does any one know if any of the connectors can be used to trigger a YS-27DX as a slave via a fiber optic cable between the two strobes ?
What I want to do is connect the main light to the camera TTL cord and the second light to the main one, not the camera.

Cheers !!

HI Deutzman-
Yes, this can be accomplished with no problem using the YS-250. In the configuration you have outlined, you would attache the YS-27 Fiber optic cable to the bottom front port on the YS-250. This is an additional port located below the top slave sensor that is made for this type of configuration. For more information, please refer to the YS-250Pro User Manual here: http://www.seaandsea.com/PDF_manuals/YS250.pdf

Many Thanks
I appreciate you taking time to reply to my question. By the way.
I placed an order yesterday for some Sea & Sea equipment via "Escafandra" here in Monterrey. They are your reps down here and I have one more consultation.
I ordered the MDX Mark III housing for my Canon D1 Mk III camera, a dome port and zoom gear to fit a 16-35L 2.8 lens, one YS-250, one YS-27DX, two simple arms, two arm brackets, one fiber optic cable (type L) and one TTL 5 pin cable N.
I figure that with this setup I will have to go with manual flash.
One thing I noticed is that there is a Sea & Sea TTL Controler (converter) eventhough I only see one for Nikon in your page, I saw in backscatter's page that there is one for Canon also.
My questions:
Will this converter allow the camera to control the flash output as with the canon 580 speedlites?
Does it have to be custom installed ?
What kind of cable is it required to connect the strobe to the controler ?
I'm due to Cozumel on May 1st. Still have time to get the order placed and second day shiped.

What do you think ? I thank you very much for your advice and recommendations

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom