Trimix Update - from Uemis.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am dissapointed I must also clarify that I prefer to wait rather than for UEMIS to rush out a bad/buggy update!

Our frustration would be nothing compared to what we would feel if the rushed update caused problems all the time.

Yes I agree that boh the things you want are very desirable to all of us but again they have already explained that the logging and database upload is changing with the next release so to expect an upload realease now is pointless as it may only be valid for a short time.

I do firmly believe that they will deliver on their promise and they have been responsive to other feature requests in the past.

Patience and it will be here soon enough!

(BTW I could really do with this update as I'm doing a normoxic trimix course right now but no point wasting time complaining!)

They didn't promise trimix update by end of January. They just promised an information update on the trimix update progress. Basically a 30 minute job of crafting an email to user base and page on web is what they promised back in November and failed to deliver.

That my friend WORRIES me. Seriously how hard is it to stick to a commitment they issued November 2nd? 2010? This is what I am talking about, not trimix software:

We deeply regret this delay and will inform about the progress again end of January 2011.

Being on the other side of this gun many times, it just isn't that easy. You can have 3-4 high days where bugs are squashed and you are ready to test, then BAM something else pops up. Work on it feverously for a few weeks and wait, what week is it?

My understanding is uemis is a small company, so the dev and product work is all in a few people's hands. I don't know how the certification tests go, but they are probably not cheap or easy or fast.

I'll cut them some slack on an update, hopefully they are just working on the last one or two and will be letting us know "finally, here is the story" shortly.

It is difficult to cut them any slack. I was told when I bought mine in Jan 2010 I would have Trimix by March. Then it was summer. At one point I was told it was just awaiting the final legal review and approval of the manual, etc...

Now I hear it "may be" ready June 2011. Even with my two year warranty, I will only have 6 months left by the time the unit is actually operational for one of the major purposes I purchased it.

Don't get me wrong. I love the computer, but if I had known this, I would have bought the Shearwater instead. And if it really is going to be later than the next couple of weeks, I am selling my two, and my wifes two, and buying Shearwater Predators.

I'll cut them some slack on an update, hopefully they are just working on the last one or two and will be letting us know "finally, here is the story" shortly.

All we are asking is to give us information update not software update. Is that too much to ask to be in timely matter?

just so you know one of the things that has been discussed (for AFTER trimix) would possibly be a 'sidemount' mode :wink:

ETA Jan 2013 :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom