Trimix Update - from Uemis.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand, and am forwarding this thread on to Switzerland. I'm not sure we can affect when trimix will be done, but perhaps it will gently remind them that here in the US we'd like to be able to save and view dives locally.

Yes and not via web site export. I.e. if UEMIS web site is down we still want to export to dive log.

I understand, and am forwarding this thread on to Switzerland. I'm not sure we can affect when trimix will be done, but perhaps it will gently remind them that here in the US we'd like to be able to save and view dives locally.

Laura, I believe that web site outage and inability to even send notification out on time shows UEMIS has financial issues. It is imperative that a way to extract data w/o relying to internet and UEMIS web site is required. This in my book just became the most critical feature for UEMIS computer.

While I really like the technology I worry this will become a useless expensive brick soon. Opening data format and giving ability to get data off to say Dive Log just became priority (over Trimix) for me. Should this not become available this quarter I will be forced to evaluate selling the unit and replacing it with something else. I really like it however!

I bought mine beginning 2010, it was said trixmix will come in June 2010. :confused:

End of March is over for one month. Think the Swiss guy should by a new watch with calendar. Switzerland has so famous watch maunfacturers. But for dive computers I am seriuously doubting.

In April I made a service request regarding the trimix update and was referred to their news section on the homepage. There I could read end of March. If I would treat my customers like this I would be bankcrupt, maybe they are?

I give one month more and then I sell my SDA. Will go for a DR5, as CCR was also promised for the SDA, but will never come........

Cheers from Shanghai

Laura, I believe that web site outage and inability to even send notification out on time shows UEMIS has financial issues. It is imperative that a way to extract data w/o relying to internet and UEMIS web site is required. This in my book just became the most critical feature for UEMIS computer.

While I really like the technology I worry this will become a useless expensive brick soon. Opening data format and giving ability to get data off to say Dive Log just became priority (over Trimix) for me. Should this not become available this quarter I will be forced to evaluate selling the unit and replacing it with something else. I really like it however!

Lighten up? You have to be joking. This delay is now bordering on negligence. I have told my local shop ( who I bought my SDA's from, and who convinced me to not buy another trimix computer, because trimix is right around the corner (16 months ago)) that since the warranty will be up before I ever get to use the damn things, that if they value my continued business, they will be swapping the units for another model.

These are awesome computers, and it is a shame they cannot get it done, but nobody should spend the amount of money these cost on a non trimix/ccr computer.

I don't recall ever hearing anything official about the trimix update for the Uwatec dive computers during the whole time they've waited. Suunto never interact with their customer base. Same for Oceanic. At least we have had some updates from UEMIS!

I have said this before and will say it again:

Would you prefer a buggy trimix release to waiting for a fully tested one??

I know which my preference is!!

I really like my computer and would love the trimix update asap but am not going to bust their b@lls over it, it will be realeased when ready as they have previously stated.

Lighten up? You have to be joking. This delay is now bordering on negligence. I have told my local shop ( who I bought my SDA's from, and who convinced me to not buy another trimix computer, because trimix is right around the corner (16 months ago)) that since the warranty will be up before I ever get to use the damn things, that if they value my continued business, they will be swapping the units for another model.

These are awesome computers, and it is a shame they cannot get it done, but nobody should spend the amount of money these cost on a non trimix/ccr computer.

Would you prefer a buggy trimix release to waiting for a fully tested one??

I know which my preference is!!

I really like my computer and would love the trimix update asap but am not going to bust their b@lls over it, it will be realeased when ready as they have previously stated.

I would have preferred honesty.:shakehead:

"We have no idea if we will ever have trimix. It is something we might be able to implement in a couple of years. So for now, if you need trimix, and you do not wish to wait, spend your hard earned money on a unit that already has trimix functionality."

Instead I get vaporware, with a never ending " we will have it in a couple of months."

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom