Trimming Neoprene Hood Bib

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USCScubaboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I currently have a wetsuit hood that I use with a Scubapro Evertech drysuit. The drysuit has a warm neck collar which is making it somewhat difficult to tuck the bottom of the hood in. Is it possible to trim the bottom of the hood so there's not as much material to tuck into the collar? Are there any special considerations to make regarding the stitching?

No problem at all, I just cut the bib on the hood to the length I wanted, Haven't had a problem in 3 years with the stitching.

Sorry, should have clarified. I'm only planning on using this hood with my drysuit. I have a separate hooded vest to go with my wetsuit so there won't by any issue there. Going to try and trim the hood tonight.

I've cut the bib off my hoods as well. I've found using a hot knife works best as it seals the neoprene when it cuts.

Back
Top Bottom