Trip report and pictures - August 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice..I'd say the new camera was worth it!! Great pics!

Wonderful pictures with the new camera! Thanks for sharing!

Here's a link to the trip report and lots of pictures (too long to post here):

COZUMEL WITH A NEW CAMERA – AUGUST 2012

Enjoy,
Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the great trip report and photos. The photos look great. The choice of lenses in such a small set up really shows, what a great kit you've put together.

We did Punta Tunich yesterday and had one of the biggest Spotted Eagle Rays I've ever seen go cruising by us right on top of the coral, (not out over the deep blue), about 20-30 feet from our group. It was alone and an absolute monster in size.. What a beautiful creature.. then it was gone.

Speaking of gone.. Got a couple days left and then I will be gone. What a great trip I've had but my how 15 days flies by.

Saw the Loggerhead again (that's twice in two trips) as it sat on the bottom at Yucab with our group for longer than 5 minutes like we weren't even there. And the Eagle Ray yesterday. And the 4' Baracuda that let me snuggle up within a foot of him at the cleaning station on the top coral at Palancar, its mouth and gills wide open showing rows of razor sharp teeth as we were almost eye to eye. And the Squid that joined the group at the end of the dive last week. And I can't forget the pod of dolphins that played around the boat for 30 to 45 minutes on the trip back to SCC last week. And, and.. I could go on and on. All amazing and wonderful experiences from another summer trip.

It was a pleasure seeing, diving and enjoying the great conversations with everyone again Jim and of course celebrating Amy's birthday (and cake) and her 500th dive taking place both on the same day.

Chris

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:
Jim,

What a wonderful lot of photos! Thanks for sharing, and keep enjoying your new camera! As someone who has a few dives here on the island, I love seeing a few new things in your pics and you inspire me to keep looking. Mushroom scorpionfish - I've never seen one of those, so now it's next on my radar. :)

kari

Thanks so much for sharing your report, your photos are absolutely outstanding! With all the specie ID"s it's not only beautiful to look at, but a great learning tool :) AWESOME!!

Too bad you had such a hard time getting the new camera to work for ya' :D

As always, an amazing array of beautiful shots, my friend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom