Trip Report: Bali - Tulamben & Timor Leste - Dili, Atauro (May 2011)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xariatay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Debated with myself where should this (long overdue) trip report be filed in? I guess Indonesia would be partly appropriate since part of the trip report is about Bali & Timor Leste shares the big Timor Island with Indonesia... Kindly note that Timor Leste (East Timor) is an independent nation, she has been independent since 2002.
Trip Report 2011 May 14th to 28th – Bali (Tulamben) & Timor Leste (Dili & Atauro) « CaT's Dives

Sunset at Christo Rei, Dili

School of jacks at Tulamben, Bali

Nice one cat, glad to hear bro and sis in law getting into it. Say hi to them and the little boy for me. If you free feb 012 come dive with me in port lincoln, s australia for great white shark :D

cat ..
I hate you always steps ahead me:D
as usual i enjoy reading your blog but 160 bucks for 2 tanks, seem atauro is not really pocket friendly,
love the pic of bumphead in the wreck B&W,

What?! U had a blast exploring more of Sulawesi! & your girls are getting fantastic photos! Really impressed with the w/a ones by Mayang. :) & your younger girl is so talented! (Just left message on their blogs :D )
I think the rates are Aussie standard... The crossing takes 1hr & the lunch would be US$10 if we had it in the restaurant... Diving in Timor Leste is still mostly for the staff of UN & other aid groups... :wink: Oh, they just met a dugong! Makes me very jealous... :blinking: DIVE LOG - Duggong days in East Timor
Thanks!

Nice one cat, glad to hear bro and sis in law getting into it. Say hi to them and the little boy for me. If you free feb 012 come dive with me in port lincoln, s australia for great white shark :D
Oh wow! Upping the ante eh?! Will be going to Palau end March, will have to give GWS a miss. Although I've seen photos of GWS diving without cages, the thought of them still send a shiver down my spine & I'm into shark conservation! I hate Jaws, scarred me! :shakehead: U have a wonderful trip!
Thanks for remembering them! :) We put the little one & my uncle on the Shark Savers Sg PSA, speaking in Mandarin... :rofl3:

Now Now Then...(reverse stalker)

I was planning Palau next March but most likely going to Komodo instead in April...

The thought of spending days in transit en route to Palau from downunder didnt sound too exciting :confused:

Not unless you invite me on that private jet of yours direct from Sing to Koror :rofl3:

Now Now Then...(reverse stalker)

I was planning Palau next March but most likely going to Komodo instead in April...

The thought of spending days in transit en route to Palau from downunder didnt sound too exciting :confused:

Not unless you invite me on that private jet of yours direct from Sing to Koror :rofl3:

:shocked2: Private jet? I wish!!
Will be flying through Manila. Think you will have problems getting out of the country with the Kangaroo flights being "grounded"... :shakehead: Hope they clear soonest!

Heheh nevermind I never fly with that mob. Anyway if you dont get that private scuba holiday jet I will have to get one myself :)

I will depend on you then! Please don't forget me when you make it big! :D

Back
Top Bottom