Trip Report - Bonaire 09/2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome report! laughed out loud and still grinning while I'm writing this, you should try selling it as a script for the next blockbuster comedy :)

Well, funny story. Partly because of my ear infection and missed dives, and partly because of a general lack of willpower I'm headed back to Bonaire with my wife in less than a month. Two vacations in two months isn't particularly normal for us, but we have both managed to swing it with work so what the hell. Maybe we will catch the end of the coral spawning too, which would be nice.

I may be inspired to get my evil Bill Bryson on for some extended trip reporting, or I may not - its difficult to gauge my motivation level at this stage. I'll definitely take some more pictures though.

Dave

Well, funny story. Partly because of my ear infection and missed dives, and partly because of a general lack of willpower I'm headed back to Bonaire with my wife in less than a month. Two vacations in two months isn't particularly normal for us, but we have both managed to swing it with work so what the hell. Maybe we will catch the end of the coral spawning too, which would be nice.

I may be inspired to get my evil Bill Bryson on for some extended trip reporting, or I may not - its difficult to gauge my motivation level at this stage. I'll definitely take some more pictures though.

Dave

Hey, I LIKE Bonaire. If you going diving somewhere always brings the place bad luck, maybe your wife would like to try diving somewhere else this trip?

Enjoyed reading your report. Sharp wit, good sense of humor. Judging by that hermit crab pic, your camera's abilities will surpass the skills of most of us mortals, for a long time to come.

Hey, I LIKE Bonaire. If you going diving somewhere always brings the place bad luck, maybe your wife would like to try diving somewhere else this trip?
Its only about 50/50. Since I just went and we had the depot fire, I figure that things should be safe enough. The next place I go to had better start disaster-proofing though.

Enjoyed reading your report. Sharp wit, good sense of humor. Judging by that hermit crab pic, your camera's abilities will surpass the skills of most of us mortals, for a long time to come.

While it isn't an accurate gauge of my own photography skills, it's definitely good to know that a Canon G11 plus a Sea&Sea YS-01 is a combination that is capable of taking good pictures.

Dave

Dave

When you are 85 years old and sitting in a rocking chair do you want the discussion to be about all the things you did or all the things you wish you had done?

As long as you are not impacting your family's food and shelter go for it!!!

When you are 85 years old and sitting in a rocking chair do you want the discussion to be about all the things you did or all the things you wish you had done?

As long as you are not impacting your family's food and shelter go for it!!!

At this point, if I make it to 85 and I'm not eating cat food-on-toast during the "what I did with my life" conversation with the assisted-living nurse then I will consider it a success. Particularly taking this many vacations. And the shiny new YS-01 that I just bought (I rented from Tim for the shots posted, but this dude called ebay gave me an awesome deal). And the Atomic frameless mask I just bought. And lets not mention the fact that I just got my wife a BCD for her birthday (previously, and in retrospect, the Coach bag that she got last year was getting off easy). Ah well - life was meant to be lived (or equivalent crappy (not particularly) motivational quote).

Anyway - two and a half weeks to go before I'm headed back to Bonaire, and my super-secret source on the island has reported improved visibility today (all the way up to 80 feet today, allegedly). Maybe my shiny new mask will prove a worthwhile investment after all.

Dave

Incidentally, I think the one quote that I would most like attributed to me at age 85 whilst sitting in my rocking chair is:

"I don't care what the b**** says, she can pay for her own damned paternity test".

Dave

Incidentally, I think the one quote that I would most like attributed to me at age 85 whilst sitting in my rocking chair is:

"I don't care what the b**** says, she can pay for her own damned paternity test".

Dave

:rofl3: Now that is funny! We met a group of 6 last Bonaire trip - the 'baby' of the group was 79, the twins 83, the rest in their 80's as well...they still ski every winter in Colorado...and they were throwing back the strong stuff topside! That is the retirement I aspire to. Looking forward to another cheeky trip report. Any plans for Feb 2011?

"I mused for a few moments on the question of which was worse, to lead a life so boring that you are easily enchanted, or a life so full of stimulus that you are easily bored."
— Bill Bryson (The Lost Continent: Travels in Small-Town America)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom