Trip Report: Chucho Divers on 4/12/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lefty Writer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings from SE Texas!

I just completed my first ever scubaboard trip review over in the Cayman Islands forum and am now posting my second ever trip report here.

Once again, my wife and I had the pleasure of diving in Cozumel while on a cruise stop with the Carnival Magic. This was our first experience diving with Chucho, and we booked him based on a recommendation from a member of our dive club, Bay Area Divers. I'm glad we took his advice and booked with Chucho, as we had a phenominal experience.

During the booking/reservation process, Chucho's business manager Cindy was very quick to answer my e-mails and did so in a friendly and professional manner. We had the option to prepay our trip, which made it convenient. One of the best features was the ability to print and scan the diver registration forms and c-cards. This allowed us to have all of the paperwork done ahead of time.

Another big plus during the reservation process was the ability to upgrade to 100 cf tanks, versus the standard 80 cf tanks. This allowed more bottom time for us.

Upon arrival to Caleta Marina, which is a short cab ride from the cruise terminal, Chucho met us as if we were old friends instead of first time customers. Once we were aboard the dive boat, we were shortly underway to our first dive site.

At our request, Chucho took us to the C-53 wreck, which is something I've been wanting to dive for some time now. Chucho gave a very thorough and professional dive briefing and over the side we went. He led us all around the wreck, and we were able to take lots of really interesting photos.

During our surface interval, we were offered our choice of either bottled water or soft drinks as well as fresh mango or banannas. We were chatting away like old friends and soon it was time to go back in the water. We had fun discussing the difference between the "Tex-Mex" that I know versus, I guess, "Caribbean-Mex."

Our second dive was a drift dive along Paradise Reef. Again, our pre-dive brief was thorough and professional. Once in the water, we dropped to the bottom and Chucho pointed out several huge lobsters. We encountered a somewhat aggressive spotted eel, so Chucho guided us away from him and we continued a fantastic dive.

Once we got back to the marina, Chucho called a taxi for us and by the time we had our dive gear back in the bags, the cab was waiting for us.

We would definitely use Chucho Divers again!

Thank you so much for the raving review! You have exactly described how we like all our customers feel!!
Hope to see you again sometime soon.
Cindy Orr Holst
Manager, Chucho Divers

Back
Top Bottom