Trip report/Circleville Twin Quarries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Davemohio

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Early riser that I am a get an email from a fellow SBer at 6:00 AM or so..wanna meet us at Circleville? Finally get the OK from my boss and I am on the road at 8:20 AM.

We are the only divers at the quarry. Nice. Quiet. Sun slowly coming out from the prior rain clouds.

3 of the 4 of us are SBers. All have dry suits but me. I had the Solafx 8 mil and lavacore underneath.

A great day was had by all. Viz was 12-15 feet. More in the North end of the South quarry. Water temp was 45 degrees. I was moderately cold at the end of the second dive. But have felt MUCH colder. Not bad, actually. I was impressed.

The viz had that "milky" thing going on. You think your mask is fogging but it is not. I assume from the recent rains.

Thanks to the folks I had the opportunity to dive with today. You made my week.

It is not the Grand Bahamas, but a gift as an opportunity to dive this early in the season.

It is spring here. We saw a small snake leisurely swimming across the water. He went towards the shore when he saw the large bass getting closer to him. Never saw THAT before.

DaveT saw a frog on the shore.

An early spring here in Ohio.

I stopped out there today around 1:00pm just to see what was going on. It must have been your bubble I saw rising to the surface Davemohio. 45 degrees might be a bit cold for my 6.5 mil but it's definately worth a try. I became certified in 50 degree water back in November. Do you know if anyone is planning on diving tomorrow afternoon since it is after daylight savings time?

CSturben,

I don't know..but I believe there is a regular Tuesday night group that goes there.

I believe there is a Tuesday night group also and I'm in the process of getting more information. I also heard tonight the regular 2nd Monday group disbanded.

Dave it was nice to meet you. I enjoyed the diving quite a bit. You are hard core in that wetsuit. I didn't see that bass. Was it that one?

sent via nookcolor N2A.

There definately is a Tuesday evening group - I ran into them at Aquatic Adventures last Monday. They said that they meet around 4:30 every Tuesday and welcomed anyone that wanted to come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom