Trip Report Lillian Luckenbach 8/19/12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubble-head

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I arrived at the Miss Lindsey around 6:00 for Sunday's charter to the Luckenbach. This was my first trip to the Luckenbach. It was nice to meet Randy G. I look forward to diving with you soon. There were only 12 divers on the boat and almost all of them seemed to be pretty advanced. We had two re-breather divers and everyone else seemed to be diving big singles. The boat departed around 7:30 for the 2 hour trip out to the Luckenbach. Seas picked up and several divers were dealing with seasickness. Regardless of this, I think everyone still did their first dives.

The boat's crew tied into a collapsed section of the wreck and ran line for everyone to use as a general guide. When I hit the wreck, I registered 96' on my computer and a temperature of 58F. The wreck was pretty broken up and there were a lot of World War 2 wheels and tires scattered about. I also saw the remains of a toilet in the wreckage. Schools of fish were present but I didn't see anything really large swimming around. Visibility was about 30 feet and there was a mild current running. I shot some pretty neat video of the wreck to add to my collection.

Following a surface interval and some hotdogs, dive number 2 found the visibility having dropped a bit...I'd estimate to about 25'. The current was a bit stronger. I ran a line in the opposite direction, looking for new areas to explore. The wreckage continued to be pretty crumbled and more wheels were on the bottom. This wreck is pretty massive and I look forward to coming back. I understand there are portions more intact and I'd really like to see them.

Nice meeting you on this trip as well! I had a great time chasing dinner around. The LL is always one of my favorite dives in this area. It has great structure, lots of nooks and crannies and is big big big. Can't wait to use the new scooter and shrink down the sizes of these behemoths.

Gimme a shout anytime you need someone to dive with. I am always game!!

The LL is on my " to do list" but everytime I try to get to moorehead, the exit for hatteras pulls me like a magnet and I never make it to moorehead! lol
Eric

Eric...............Psssst....................The LL is in VB!:wink:

You would have driven 4 hrs past your turn off if you were looking for it in MHC.:dork2:

And brotha you don't know what your missing if you have not hit MHC yet.

It was a great day of diving and a boat full of great folks to get to know. I won't be able to head out to VA Beach this weekend. I'm afraid I have to head to MHC. :wink: I look forward to diving with everyone again soon though.

It was a great group of folks and crew. Thanks Randy for helping me ID the big eel I saw as a Conger eel. See you again sometime on the Miss Lindsey!

Cheers,
Kirstin

Eric...............Psssst....................The LL is in VB!:wink:

You would have driven 4 hrs past your turn off if you were looking for it in MHC.:dork2:

And brotha you don't know what your missing if you have not hit MHC yet.

What a dumb a$$ I am!! lol
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom