Trip report Miss Lindsey 10/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyT22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I FINALLY got out on the Miss Lindsey today. It wasn't the greatest dive, nor the nicest day, but it was a dive nonetheless. There was an SCA in effect, but the bouy report was 3-4 foot waves with a period of 13 seconds, doable, so Capt Mark went. The ride out was interesting, some good rolls tested everyone's secure for sea abilities, but we made it. 11 divers made the trip. Original target was the tug, but we missed that and hooked into something else about 300 feet away. I was eager to see what we were on when I splashed, turned out is was some sort of barge about 80 feet long. Capt Mark said it was the first time he hooked anything in that area, and there were TONS of fish. Bottom vis was about 10-12 feet, bottom temps were a balmy 70-71 degrees at 61 feet. My 5mm wetsuit was perfect. I saw the usual spadefish, mixed in with some hefty tog and sheepshead. I also saw the biggest toadfish I have ever seen, it's head was about the size of my reg bag. I counted four anchors claimed by the wreck, some newish looking, so it is no stranger to fishermen even if it is seldom dived. Weather deterioriated during the SI, a squall blew in and the whitecaps coupled with by now 5-6 foot swell had folks a little green so the Captain called it a day and we headed back after only one dive. Still, it was good to get out.

Hopefully La Nina will dissipate (if that is what is causing this horrible dive season) soon, this weather pattern will finally break, and we will have some decent winter diving ahead.

Rob

Awesome report Rob. Visibility seems to be improving. We are supposed to hit the 1800 tomorrow. Unless it calms down a lot, I think we will have similar conditions. Did the compressor go down while you were out? Evidently, some divers were called today due to it being on the fritz.

Patrick

Well, we only did 1 dive, so need for a fill while underway. From talking to the Captain, the issue is the banks are out for hydro so fills must come directly from the compressor instead of the bank. Possible, but I guess it takes longer that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom