Trip report/review. Cozumel Palace and Aldora Divers. Video compilation as well

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm fine with her attitude because she pays her half of the trip & even pays the bill at some of the restaurants we visit. My point is that there are several really good ops that give very high levels of service & have great DM's & boat crews. I think I've used 15 different ops over the years & currently rotate through 6 or 7 to stay in touch with those great DM's.

Your wife, or 'wife'.

Are the marriage / divorce laws very different in Canada? In the US if she's your wife, there is no her money and your money no matter how you want to look at it. If my wife pays a restaurant bill, she's paying it with our money.

Lots of couples keep finances separately, even if legally it is 'their' money.

Your wife, or 'wife'.

Are the marriage / divorce laws very different in Canada? In the US if she's your wife, there is no her money and your money no matter how you want to look at it. If my wife pays a restaurant bill, she's paying it with our money.

Yea, but it 'feels' good when she picks up the check....

Second marriage & her money is hers & mine is mine. I spend mine however I want (lots of big toys, camera gear etc) and she buys clothes, lots of clothes. Household expenses are shared. First wife's money was hers, and my money was hers, and if we went on vacation & the weather was bad that was MY FAULT. Re teaching her to swim, not going to happen even though I own a large pool & my daughter is a swimming instructor. Way too old to take on that battle, and soon enough I'll quit diving to make sure I don't ruin someones dive trip by being the diver who had a heart attack while diving with them.

and soon enough I'll quit diving to make sure I don't ruin someones dive trip by being the diver who had a heart attack while diving with them.
Just don't do it on a liveaboard. If it's only messing up a 2-tank day, not so bad, though it would certainly be more polite of you to at least wait until after the morning dive.

And don't expect rescue breathing from me. I don't want your cooties. That's the DM's responsibility.

I have no reason to doubt that claim, but then again it's not much of a claim coming from someone who hasn't experienced any other dive ops in Cozumel and, with only 100+ dives, not very many in the rest of the world either.

I've seen thread hijacks before but this takes the cake for being casually condescending. Cudos Mossman.

my wife was a very poor swimmer when we got certified almost 30 years ago & diving really improved all that......btw, she doesn't dive CZM anymore---last time was '89--she hates that current.....Prefers Fiji, Philippines, Dominica & the likes MUCH better & can do without all that 'mess', as she calls it.......

My girlfriend had the same experience. Was never a water person until she began dating me, now she swims like a fish and takes to the pool twice a week. After the end of one dive trip she gets pumped about thinking about where we are going to dive next :)

Back
Top Bottom