Trip Report:Tacoma Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Runrayrun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Went out with Rick of Bandito Charters on December 30th out of Tacoma. Rick is great to dive with, 2nd time out with him. Dove the east end of the Narrows Bridge and Sunrise Park. Water was 48 degrees, viz varied. At the narrows viz was no more then 15 feet down to 60 feet, very little to see. At Sunrise viz much better, at least 30 feet from 20 feet on down. The Octopus were everywhere at Sunrise. Found 4 in in 35 minutes, one was huge, biggest I've ever seen.

Thanks for the report! I'm surprised to hear that there was little to see at the Narrows -- I've always assumed that, because of the currents, there would be a lot of life on the pylons.

Might have been, but we didn't get to see the bridge structure. The current was strong, about 3 knots, just like a Cozumel drift dive! Went right past the bridge itself before we got down too far. I was with my 17 year old daughter who hasn't been in water less then 75 degrees for 4 years, we took our time getting down.

I remember doing Milepost 8 (just up from the bridge) when the current was like that. All you could do was sail by and gaze with amazement!

Well, at least Sunrise made up for it, huh? I love that dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom