Trip review (for Heli)- this may be the wrong place...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ohmdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Trip review- this may be the wrong place but since I spend most of my time on this thread I figured I would share my trip here.

2/13/07 The trip down was delayed because of the weather and we wound up spending a few hours overnight in Charlotte NC.

2/14/07 We get to Tampa, pick up a car meet my in-laws and spend a few hours just getting our bearings again. (Driving in Fla is a lot like a moving demolition derby. Traffic is non stop, at least during the time we are there)

4:30 pm- my daughter and I are scheduled to dive at Epcot. We are on time and greeted at the front near the Costumer Service window and we are checked in and begin our "behind the scene" tour. We were given a dive briefing,signed the waivers and went to the locker rooms and got changed.
There has been enough written about this dive that I really can't add anything but WOW! If you can fit it into your schedule and budget, do it.

2/15-2/19 In the Keys. We dove with an outfit call Seadwellers in Key Largo The cost included a stay at the Holiday Inn (at about Mile marker 100) the boat was 75 yards from my Hotel door. It was very simple and easy. We dove French Reef and saw lots of wildlife including 3 dolphins during the Surface Interval. One of our group even spotted a nurse shark.

2/19 -2/22 Welcome to Palm Aire of Ft. Lauderdale. A fancy place, of sorts. It was very nice and accomadating but it is beyond my style. I am not that fancy. The whirlpool was good.

We dove with an outfit called Parrot Island charters. Divemaster Mike was entertaining and knowledgable about the sites we dove. They were about 10 miles from the resort and again the driving was a nightmare during the day. I watched as emergency vehicle (with lights and siren going) get cut off by everyone else.

2/23 Back home. What a drag the 1st Hour was spent digging my car out of a snow drift. The only thing I had with me was the scrapper end of a snowbrush to work with. I was ready to turn around and go back!

My computer is too slow to upload pic's, sorry

I like your trip report, Ohm, too bad there aren't any pics. Glad you had fun. I've gotta try that dive at Epcot.

BTW, the guy who runs Parrot Island has ties to my community, here. Supposed to be a very class act.

See ohm if you would'nt have spent all your money going on a vacation you could upgrade your computer to upload your pictures that you would'nt have because you did'nt go on your vacation,oh never mind! :D Nice trip report though. I'll have to put Epcot on my wish list of dives to do someday. Glad you had a fun and safe trip.

Nice report, love to see some pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom