Trip to Saipan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okiediver#1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello All I am going to Saipan in Feb for a stay of 2 to 4 weeks( never been there before) I am looking for help with who to dive with or not dive with, should I do a liveaboard or just dive with a shop and suggestions on must do things. I have free room and board while there. That is why I am wonderning about doing or not doing a liveaboard and should I do any Island hoping.
Thanks to All

I'm not aware of any Liveaboards in Saipan. Speedy Tertle and Aquasmith both have (or had) English speaking guides. Saipan is beautiful with tons of WWII sites to visits. The shorediving is also very good. The Grotto is a must dive. Guam is a short flight cheap flight away. Both have good diving.

Hi, I've lived on Saipan for the past 13 years and have logged in over 2,500 dives during that time at locations all around Saipan. I am not affiliated with any shop, but I did recently become a PADI Instructor and have been taking people diving here for years. There are no liveaboard dive boats here, and you'll probably find the shops fairly expensive as far as having guided dives. I'd be happy to take you out and make it very affordable for you. If you have other questions or need more information feel free to e-mail me at harryblalock@gmail.com

Hi OkieDiver!
Harry's right, Saipan doesn't have any liveaboards but we do have GREAT diving and you'll see lots of great stuff. The shops are more expensive and you won't find a better tour guide than Harry.

I have a blog that shows some pictures of the daily dive scene here. IF you want to see some photos, go to www.scubablues.blogspot.com or a simple website I'm putting together. That has some more info on individual dive sites....but it's really incomplete.

I hope that helps, you'll love it here.

Oh, I should also mention I have some videos on YouTube if you want to see some of the dive sites. My ID on YouTube is "Saipanscuba".

Sipadan in the Pacific forum?...you would probably get a few responses in the Asia/Malaysia forum....I've been to Sipadan, Layang Layang and Lankayan....I thought the diving at best was OK....but loved the land tours in Borneo.

No, not Sipidan, Saipan! It pays to pay attention when you're reading before commenting. Saipan is vastly different from Sipidan.

you are right...sorry!

Back
Top Bottom